Seat Tube Mod Photo

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Seat Tube Mod Photo
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
sickman wrote:
Its only a Norco anyway.
And your old ass v10 is sooo much better than a norco?

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
empire 5 forever haha

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
I did the same thing to my bike like a year ago and its been fine....Its an Aluminum frame.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
I did it to my old Rocky Mountain and my Norco it works out fine.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
nicely done did that to ym x7 exept i removed a good 4 inches

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
you gota love pinkbikers half of them dont even have f*cking bikes..

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 7:18 Quote
norcofreeridderr wrote:
sickman wrote:
Its only a Norco anyway.
And your old ass v10 is sooo much better than a norco?

Yeh, and since then Ive had a Glory, another V10 and now a Racelink. Enjoy your Canadian Saracens.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
Whats with all the Norco love here? So a guy in not entitled to dislike a particular brand of bikes?

Personally, in my opinion, I feel Norco is a sub par bike company. I have no experience with them, but IMO I feel they are right along the caliber of Kona. This is based solely on the many post, reviews, and such that I have read/seen. Both are most likely good decent bikes, but I would not throw a leg over one and buy it. Its just a stigma that most all brands carry, and this is fueled by the brand whores out there that want to rip on anyone who dislikes their favorite bike company.

Also, if you have a Norco or Kona, good for you. I hope you enjoy it and use it to its full potential. I will not say anything bad about someone who has one, but I will voice my opinion on the bike itself.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
SODAK wrote:
Whats with all the Norco love here? So a guy in not entitled to dislike a particular brand of bikes?

Personally, in my opinion, I feel Norco is a sub par bike company. I have no experience with them, but IMO I feel they are right along the caliber of Kona. This is based solely on the many post, reviews, and such that I have read/seen. Both are most likely good decent bikes, but I would not throw a leg over one and buy it. Its just a stigma that most all brands carry, and this is fueled by the brand whores out there that want to rip on anyone who dislikes their favorite bike company.

Also, if you have a Norco or Kona, good for you. I hope you enjoy it and use it to its full potential. I will not say anything bad about someone who has one, but I will voice my opinion on the bike itself.

except norco actually puts time into there bikes... i just bought an empire 5 frame, came with everything, extra derauiler hangers, little bottles of touch up paint, even the little clips for attaching the cables. my empire five has a life time warrenty and crash replacement....I perviously had kona and it was garbage, terrible handling, shit warrenty, f*ck they even had a recall, but didnt even tell anyone, all they did was post on there shit forum. My new norco has a sick paint job, hydroformed tubing, sealed bearings, everything that high end companies like intense and santa cruz use but for a fraction of the price. Shipped the frame in under a week. Probably the best bike ive ever had and the best costumer service so to anyone ripping on norco get your facts straight, they may be a big company but they dont act like it.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:17 Quote
SODAK wrote:

I'm not trying to shoot down your opinion but being a current Norco owner myself, I can say mine is pretty bombproof. Definantly not what kona has as a stregnth in their industry. Just throw a 888 on there and youve got a solid bike. In winter and summer I do a lot of large booters and "big" freeride. Not only that but Ive learned and tried a lot of new things on this norco which means tons of cases and all that but its still running strong. One thing I dont particularly like about Norco is the specs on it. The whole x7 crap and generally middle to low end parts. When I got mine, I stripped off most of the parts and got new hubs, brakes, bars, tires, rims, drive train and all that good stuff. IMO the stock specs really show the nice high end companies compared to the cheaper ones.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
I'm pretty sure this is the most pointless way to void your warrenty.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
assuming you have a warranty.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
true. but instead of spending hours on doing a pointless mod that can reduce your bike's integrity, you can just buy a super low profile seat.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
it takes like 10 minutes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013871
Mobile Version of Website