What are good 3.0 freeride tires??? Help!!!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
What companies still make a 26 X 3.0 tires?

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:43 Quote
jordan-a wrote:

Arrow. 3.0" tires suck.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:52 Quote
it's overkill, it may come in useful like 2% of the time.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
if you want fat tires why dont you get 2.7 there not that hard to find and there not overkill

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 22:55 Quote
don't ever buy a 3.0 tire. They're stupid!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
I run Nokian 3.0 (Yeah Yeah .. no longer made!!)

Depends on what kind of Free-riding you are going to do?

NorthShore (Ladders and skinnys Yawn!) 3.0 is overkill.

Say ... Picking a random line down a mountain side then 3.0's can be a valuable aid!

Arrow's are the only 3.0's I can find still whole sale.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:09 Quote
first of all why would you want a 3" tire the weight is rediculous 2nd you will never need that just slows you down. i Freeride and DH and i use 2.3" tires sometimes a 2.5" im using WTB Prowler ss and a WTB Prowler MX 2.5 work amazing. not the lighest but light enough. they are a folding tire but have a super strong bead which can take some verbal wording to toss on and take off but well worth it. tread lasts a fair amount of time.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:10 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
jordan-a wrote:

Arrow. 3.0" tires suck.

agreed

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:12 Quote
I run a 3.0 nokian gazz in the front and a 2.7 in the back. the front feels like your surfing but the back( maxxis minion 2.7) gives me tons of traction!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
mtbman666 wrote:
first of all why would you want a 3" tire the weight is rediculous 2nd you will never need that just slows you down. i Freeride and DH and i use 2.3" tires sometimes a 2.5" im using WTB Prowler ss and a WTB Prowler MX 2.5 work amazing. not the lighest but light enough. they are a folding tire but have a super strong bead which can take some verbal wording to toss on and take off but well worth it. tread lasts a fair amount of time.

Well depend's ... DH yeah 2.5, Freeriding 2.7's but Freeriding has a whole load of meaning's!

3.0's are great for random "Make a trail" riding not just following man-made trails.

Depends on what riding condition's. Saying they are overkill, Stupid etc etc is just assumption. People should really explain what exactly they are facing before posting for opinion. We use to freeride on BMX's before MTB's where anygood.

Changing MTB tires ... childsplay.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:50 Quote
all tires have thier place. road bikes have skinny little peices of rubber while we (mtn bikers) have larger tires. you don't need a 3.0 if your riding freight train to dirtmerchant to a-line all day long. hell...you only need 2.3 for pretty much all of whistler. a 3.0 has it's place on loose steeps, where you want better floatation over dust,shale ect and more ground contact to stay in control easier. just like 4x4ing you have two different approaches. you can get wide tires and attempt to stay on top of the nasty sticky stuff or get skinny tires and attempt to sink to the bottom to where the traction is. most people go the wide route. i would suggest an nokian gazza if you can find them. i have them in 2.6 and love them. i have no use for 3.0 but maybe you do.

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
jordan-a wrote:
Are you guys goddamn retarded? I didn't ask your opinion on 3.0 tires I asked who made them, and tires are personal preference to boot so shut the hell up! Every tire has a place and the 3.0 tires place is on my 26" muni, I have ridden many sizes of tires on many different cycles and I use what I find works. If I didn't have a use for them I wouldn't have asked. Thanks to the 3 people that had reasonable responses. So we determined Arrow are the only 3.0s still produced? how about Duro Leopards?

Dude relax
that is the name of the thread, What did you expect?

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
arrow racing has some nice ones, i sold my bike tho... i have pics on my profile if you want

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
nokian gazzalodie g $110 a tire

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013570
Mobile Version of Website