Broken collar bone due to neckbrace

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Broken collar bone due to neckbrace
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
i as riding moto yesterday at a local track named milestone and seatbounced a 30 foot gap abd the lip bucked me and i nose cased and landed on my head. luckily i was wearing a neckbrace and didnt break my neck but the pressure forced from my helmet to my neckbrace snapped my collarbone. mad props to tld for the helmet and evs for the neckbrace and thor for the chestplate

anyways...

does anyone know if the alpinestar neckbrace prevents broken collarbones since i need a new neckbrace for dh and moto?
and since i cant ride for 10 weeks what do u guys do when u can barely move?

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 18:42 Quote
raceface319 wrote:
i as riding moto yesterday at a local track named milestone and seatbounced a 30 foot gap abd the lip bucked me and i nose cased and landed on my head. luckily i was wearing a neckbrace and didnt break my neck but the pressure forced from my helmet to my neckbrace snapped my collarbone. mad props to tld for the helmet and evs for the neckbrace and thor for the chestplate

anyways...

does anyone know if the alpinestar neckbrace prevents broken collarbones since i need a new neckbrace for dh and moto?

Online video games.... i have a laptop and when shits broken you can lay on your bed.. put the laptop on your stomach... and shoot b*tches in the face from the comfort of your room.... that or watch biking dvds and cry cuz i cant ride

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
raceface319 wrote:

anyways...

Online video games.... i have a laptop and when shits broken you can lay on your bed.. put the laptop on your stomach... and shoot b*tches in the face from the comfort of your room.... that or watch biking dvds and cry cuz i cant ride

werd!!

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
Broken collar bone isn't too bad to recover from. I took pain pills and relaxed the first 3 weeks. After that I went to the gym to ride the recumbant bike and do a ton of leg work. I was benching and skiing after 2 months. Good luck.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
mrobson71 wrote:
Broken collar bone isn't too bad to recover from. I took pain pills and relaxed the first 3 weeks. After that I went to the gym to ride the recumbant bike and do a ton of leg work. I was benching and skiing after 2 months. Good luck.

hey thanks but its broken in three places and im going in tomorrow to see if i need surgery so its gonna be a little longer then most

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
You are going to be let off the hook this time for your spelling because I am going to assume you are in a sling. If not, thats something to work on while your out...Cant say anything regarding neck braces, but for time just play games, do something constructive. Like dancing....

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
i say you got off pretty lucky cuz i did the same thing but some prick landed on me and broke my elbow in 2 places and this was in early august and im still in a cast with three pins and 2 screws in me

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
most of those braces like the leatt, the evs and the a stars have a simular shape. the evs is the softest one. i have a leatt. i dont think any will prevent collar bones breaking though

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
kd12 wrote:
You are going to be let off the hook this time for your spelling because I am going to assume you are in a sling. If not, thats something to work on while your out...Cant say anything regarding neck braces, but for time just play games, do something constructive. Like dancing....

yep im in a sling and am typing opposite handed

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
First off KD12, I am still laughing at your post(classic). On to the subject at hand... The Leatt brace is designed to do nothing more than displace the energy put on your neck to another part of your body. Namely your chest,lower back and shoulder(in the case of evs' design). You should thank your lucky stars that's all you broke! Simply put, it did it's job! As for what to do in the mean time, hit the dictionary!

"If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough"

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
I wathed a lot of dvd's while I was laid up. Got pretty boring pretty fast though....

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
I just broke my collar bone 2 weeks agoRolleyes , and I had to have surgery 1 week ago to get a metal plate to hold it together. I'm already riding again, not jumping though, just riding. And doing a ton of heavy building, and digging and whatnot.I've been digging a lot just to pass the time and rebuild strength in my shoulder. It wasn't that bad. I thought i was gonna have to wear a sling for three weeks and not be able to ride for 6. But surprisingly, I could take the sling off 4 days after surgery. and I stopped taking pain pills within 72 hrs after the surgery(and i got a crapload leftBig Grin ). I have to go to the doctor this coming friday and he should be able to clear me to start driving/riding/jumping again and that would all be within 3 weeks since it happened(happened on the first)

by the way the metal plate's not permanant. It comes out in 4 months.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
the alpinestars bionic neck brace is similar protection to the leatt, but it weighs a lot less, and it is double the price.... id say go for a leatt sport and you should run into those problems anymore. I know common collar bone breaks happen when a full face helmet is pressed down onto your collar bone and the neck rolls made by 661 and stuff like that are ripp offs. just sayin from personal experiance

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
I personally would rather have a broken collar bone than a broken neck. And also the idea behind a neckbrace is to displace force, it has to go somewhere...

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
suvlako wrote:
First off KD12, I am still laughing at your post(classic). On to the subject at hand... The Leatt brace is designed to do nothing more than displace the energy put on your neck to another part of your body. Namely your chest,lower back and shoulder(in the case of evs' design). You should thank your lucky stars that's all you broke! Simply put, it did it's job! As for what to do in the mean time, hit the dictionary!

"If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough"

Nice Rottie my man....here's my girl:

photo

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012208
Mobile Version of Website