Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Good forks? I paid good money and I don't know how to work on my fork.
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
saturnine wrote:
pimpedaline wrote:
saturnine wrote:

firsty, you're right, i don't know shit. i didn't give you any suggestions to help you, i've never taken apart a fork and you are WAY better at everything than i am. especially since you've got 10 fewer years on this planet than i. you're awesomeness knows no bounds.

secondly, my take on argyles was a)based on this thread - just like i stated when i said 'based on this thread' and b) internet sarcasm at its best.

and you're not sure if the 4x has oil. awesome.

thanks for coming out, kid.
Honestly dude why so negitive, you made one good suggestion and just because the guy didn't bow down and worship your godlyness, you head off on a rant? Sarcasim is fine but make sure that people know that its sarcasim, in type its hard to tell sometimes.

i simply stated that the thread title should be changed as the fork itself wasn't at fault which prompted an asinine post to which i replied. no one needs to worship my godliness; it's their choice as to what or whom they choose to worship.
That time I could tell it was sarcasim, or atleast I think its was.Pimp

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
or get it rebuilt
... or set it up properly to begin with.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
kicksnlicks wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
or get it rebuilt

yea, if i bought a 4x would it have top out brand new? cause i hate top out

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
kicksnlicks wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
or get it rebuilt

it wouldn't matter if it did. you have the ability to change it. you have to set it up properly. has that been said enough yet?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
saturnine wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
kicksnlicks wrote:

it wouldn't matter if it did. you have the ability to change it. you have to set it up properly. has that been said enough yet?

well he said he has been adjusting it and it still does it

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
saturnine wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

well he said he has been adjusting it and it still does it
That proves nothing.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
i had top out on my van 36 once. then i made it go away by setting it up so that it didn't top out anymore.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
okay im just gunna put in some imput because i have taken appart many forks from zocchis to manitous and i will give you some facts about these forks you seem to worship.

Marzo made the 4X because too many people were lowering Z1's cause they were unhappy with using the dj for 4x because it was too heavy. The 4x was made for 4x/ gravity fed 4x racing... not dirt jumping. Hense why it is intended to be used with a very soft feel and a very high kick back, so it can soak up the little bumps very quickly. Internally the 4x is a slimmed down 06 dropoff with z1 lowers on it. Its not as amazing as you think it is, it just looks really cool.

The argyle faced many problems in its first production years, especially the 409's with the air. There were steer tubes bending, air cartridges leaking and rebound valves leaking oil out of the bottem like a wonder. However they did a good job at taking the lowers from the pike and beefing them up for djing. Hense why people started putting pike internals in the argyle lowers.. to use the refined internals of the pike with the beef lowers of the argyle.

Another fork everyone here has chosen to leave out is the DJ1, and the Gold label 2's.

Both forks are very simple, very reliable, very refined, and for the extra 500 grams or so that they weigh you have tonnes of strength. I know the new goldlabels are kinda ugly being gold and all but if u can find an 06 or 07 you will be blessed with a beautiful set of white lowers. Same goes for the dj1's.

As far as your 4x here is what i think you have done wrong: i do recommend the stronger springs. If you weigh more its only common sense to beef up your suspension. You will need new oil, you are either low or your oil weight is too low, again a weight consideration. Check if you have top out springs. I believe you should have them in that fork but check incase the last guy that owned them did something to the fork and took them out or if they wernt put in those fork or something stupid like that. If they are there make sure they arnt jammed, covered in crap, etc. You could try putting in some softer washers so that that big bang you are hearing is made into a more pleasant noise. Or if that fork only has washers to rely on for top out put softer one. I have owned a zocchi before and it had a similar problem. It was rebuilt and cleaned and the noise went away.

Also if you have the money, send your fork to nemesis project and they will customize your internals to optimize your forks performance. Nemesis is renown for doing wonders on marzocchi's since they started doing business

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
saturnine wrote:
i had top out on my van 36 once. then i made it go away by setting it up so that it didn't top out anymore.
OH NO WAI?!?!?!?! Did you read the manual? Or just keep "adjusting" and hoping that it would work.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
To AustinSedz very good and mature post you get my respect

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
just giving some imput, alot of people are repeating the same thing over and over or ranting about nothing post after post

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
saturnine wrote:
OH NO WAI?!?!?!?! Did you read the manual? Or just keep "adjusting" and hoping that it would work.

i started a thread on pinkbike

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:08 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
and i pumped it up alot and there is like only 1 setting

thats why it was toping out i did that to a similar fork same settings and after a while it did the same thing

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
[Quote="Dr-Jackal"]hey stop taking over my thread i need to fix my f*ckin fork before i whip it at a wall.[/Quote
Check the oil level in both legs. I have a 55 that was topping out and it was oil level to low. Try it, you may be surprised. If not you gave it a shot.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015431
Mobile Version of Website