Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
whats a good freeride, dirtjump, slopestyle, downhill bike with 5-6 inches of rear travel ive been trying to find one

anyone help?

the style of trails or what ill be riding is VERY light downhill action(just going downhill with wall rides and small beds of rocks nothing big at all) and in the way downhill lots of jumps (step ups, drops, step downs, regular jumps) and a bike with a good geometry to hit dirt jumps. cause ill have a couple of dirt jump sessions and practice getting 360's and tricks

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
You're never going to find a bike that excells at everything from DJing to DHing. Though there is a long list of bikes what can handle a bit of everything reasonably well. Most companys offer a light freeride/slopestyle bike, it's a LONG list to type out. To help narrow it down for us.. what will you be riding mostly? Like what style of trail?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 20:48 Quote
i have a Transition Bottlerocket. its got 5.5 inch rear travel
i use it for slopestyle, freeride, light downhill, and even tho its kinda heavy at 38 pounds i find that its geo is nice on the dirt jumps and i havent had any problems on them. u can pick one up pretty cheap too.

good luck

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
Lepe wrote:
whats a good freeride, dirtjump, slopestyle, downhill bike with 5-6 inches of rear travel ive been trying to find one

anyone help?
Congratulations. You have just described the Transition Bottlerocket. Buy one.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
Older model enduro's and Fuel Ex from Trek

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
You're never going to find a bike that excells at everything from DJing to DHing. Though there is a long list of bikes what can handle a bit of everything reasonably well. Most companys offer a light freeride/slopestyle bike, it's a LONG list to type out. To help narrow it down for us.. what will you be riding mostly? Like what style of trail?

the style of trails or what ill be riding is VERY light downhill action(just going downhill with wall rides and small beds of rocks nothing big at all) and in the way downhill lots of jumps (step ups, drops, step downs, regular jumps) and a bike with a good geometry to hit dirt jumps. cause ill have a couple of dirt jump sessions and practice getting 360's and tricks

So yah something with rear travel of 5-6 inches to help with the big jumps and cushion with the light downhill, and a frame that has a good geometry for dirt jumps, tricks.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
pinkdike wrote:
i have a Transition Bottlerocket. its got 5.5 inch rear travel
i use it for slopestyle, freeride, light downhill, and even tho its kinda heavy at 38 pounds i find that its geo is nice on the dirt jumps and i havent had any problems on them. u can pick one up pretty cheap too.

good luck

yah ive been thinking of getting it

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
What's your budget?

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:04 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
What's your budget?

no budget

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:07 Quote
Lepe wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
What's your budget?

no budget
Look at the Norco Empire 5, Transition Bottlerocket, Trek Remedy, Specialized Pitch, and one of the Felt Equilink bikes (I forget what it's called). I would recommend the Bottlerocket. My friend has one and it is an insane bike.

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
Here's what I can think of right now:

Banshee Wildcard
Giant Regin X
Intense 6.6
Kona Bass
Norco Empire 5
Specialized SX or SX Trail
Transition Bottle Rocket

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:10 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
Here's what I can think of right now:

Banshee Wildcard
Giant Regin X
Intense 6.6
Kona Bass
Norco Empire 5
Specialized SX or SX Trail
Trek Remedy Line

Transition Bottle Rocket

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
seing as you have no budget try to get a cannondale soft-tail

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:12 Quote
afro-99 wrote:
FAIL.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 21:13 Quote
afro-99 wrote:
Why may I ask?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020405
Mobile Version of Website