Yep another help find me a bike thread.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Yep another help find me a bike thread.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 22:10 Quote
I know you guys a probably sick of these threads by now but your going to have to deal with one more haha. The reason I'm starting another one of these threads is simple. I'm not looking for a first bmx bike. The thing is I drifted from bmx to mtb and know after being out of the bmx world for a while my little bro got one and I realized how much I missed sliding a nice ledge. So I put a peg on my p.1 and thought maybe that would satisfy me. sadly no. I miss bmx there I said it I feel strangely better now. Anyways what I am really looking for is a very much street specific bmx. as was said before not really an entry level bike but not a super nice sunday eitherCry my price range is, well, undecided. I plan on selling/trading/parting/?? my 05 p.1. it has diety bars and stem plus I got rid of the gyro. on a side note if anyone could tell me what I could get for that I would be very grateful. I will be using what I can get out of that towards my bike. I hope not to spend to much on top of that but I guess I will be working this summer. anything you guys can recommend would be grate.
thanks guys

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
We need a price range. But props for being the only person I've ever seen to say what you actually want from the bike, other than EVERYTHING (in terms of dirts, street etc.).

One thing I will say is if you drift between MTB and BMX, then maybe you should keep your P1? I mean, yeah, if you thinking of selling it to fund your BMX and have no other way of doing so, then go for it. No idea what you'd get for it's parts, however.

The only other advice I can give you without a price range, is make sure you get a frame with decent enough sized drop-outs for pegs.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
wisey wrote:
We need a price range. But props for being the only person I've ever seen to say what you actually want from the bike, other than EVERYTHING (in terms of dirts, street etc.).

One thing I will say is if you drift between MTB and BMX, then maybe you should keep your P1? I mean, yeah, if you thinking of selling it to fund your BMX and have no other way of doing so, then go for it. No idea what you'd get for it's parts, however.

The only other advice I can give you without a price range, is make sure you get a frame with decent enough sized drop-outs for pegs.
Yeah I'm thinking under 400 dollars but that depends a lot on how much I can get for my p.1.
I was looking at a pretty sick brakeless verde they have over at dans comp to if that helps

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 4:02 Quote
Verdes are nice bikes. You rode brakeless before? Because I'd say try it out before you get a bike that you can't really put a brake on...

I'm guessing you're talking about the Radia? I wouldn't go for that, you can get much better bikes for less money, I mean yeah, it looks sick, but it's mainly hi-ten steel. For $400 you can get a fairly decent full cromo complete. If you like Verde, check out the Spectrum, Modus or even Prism as they're all better bikes. I suspect the Vex and Radia are aimed at people just wanting to look cool, and arn't really sure about what makes a good bike? I dunno..

Just check out pretty much any bike on danscomp, make sure it's full cromo, and post back if you stuck between a few bikes or want some more info.

=]

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 6:54 Quote
You're American so it's easy to recommend things off danscomp lol
But anyways, check this out

http://www.danscomp.com/101206.php?cat=BIKES

GEt I right now!!
Great bike on sale!!!

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
You're American so it's easy to recommend things off danscomp lol
But anyways, check this out

http://www.danscomp.com/101206.php?cat=BIKES

GEt I right now!!
Great bike on sale!!!

Yeah, it's a pretty good bike that.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
I was also looking at specailizeds fuse 3 that's a little out of my price range though. The only reason I was looking at it was because me local bike shop only carries specailized for bmx.

EDIT

I have rode brakeless before and plan on riding what ever I get brakeless any ways

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
Well, you could get this one, its pretty much a mix between mtb and bmx, they ride great and you can do pretty much everything you can do on a bmx on these too
photo

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 3:22 Quote
The WeThePeople Beyond is a very good bike and the Mirra Co. Wallstreet looks a pretty good ride too. I wouldn't go for the Fit STR 2 though, it's not got a full cromo frame.

I quite like the look of the Wallstreet, actually. But it's completely up to you, don't rush into buying one, find a bike with a good spec that you like the look of (and if you have LBS that stocks it or a similar bike, see if you can have a ride on it) so you know you'll be happy with it.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
does anyone know of any online dealers that stock mirraco completes?

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 8:56 Quote
go to http://www.mirrabikeco.com/ and click find dealer you might find something close to your house without having to pay shipping.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012686
Mobile Version of Website