PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Single Speed Hub
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
jaycurtis wrote:
oh so you got a front hoop they should make a 36 though

they dont make the 36's anymore.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
I'm running a DMR revolver. It's good and inexpensive. I think it was $70. Sealed bearing and a free wheel. You can fit a 14t freewheel. The only issue I've had was that I had to put an 8" rotor on because the caliper rubbed the spokes. A smaller rotor may fit with diffrent brakes or frame. And it's 32 hole!

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
I'm running a DMR revolver. It's good and inexpensive. I think it was $70. Sealed bearing and a free wheel. You can fit a 14t freewheel. The only issue I've had was that I had to put an 8" rotor on because the caliper rubbed the spokes. A smaller rotor may fit with diffrent brakes or frame. And it's 32 hole!
my bro runs a dmr revolver singlespeed freewheel hub, and i run a halo djd and i would say djd everytime as i have found them to be alot more easier to set up etc and stronger and i personally think freewheel's are naff anyway.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
after blowing through a paul SS hub (no surprise there, it's really more an XC hub) i went with a hope pro2 trials/SS. nice engagement, pretty lightweight, not nearly as spendy as a king or somesuch. you will want to replace the stock axle bolts, however. the stock bolts are crummy soft pressed alloy and end up slipping constantly. i matched the thread pitch and got some steel bolts from the hardware store and have been pretty happy since. maybe the nicest part about the hope is that while it is designed to allow for a dishless wheelbuild (one reason to go with a SS hub over a conversion kit on a standard cassette) it still has room for 6 cogs to fit on there, so in the future if you wanted you could run it as a 6 speed as well.

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
i have a dmr single speed hub and it was working fine with a regual KMC single speed chain, and then i put on a half link and now the alignment is off and when i pedal backwards the chain like messes all up

anyone know how to fix this?

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
NS Bikes makes a nice hub, you can check them out here.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
i need a good 32 hole ss rear hub, any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 7:48 Quote
claremont wrote:
i need a good 32 hole ss rear hub, any suggestions?
Thread-jack much?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011431
Mobile Version of Website