Southwest Extreme, Bideford, Devon, UK.

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Southwest Extreme, Bideford, Devon, UK.
FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
ok i retract my earlier statment!
its does actually look quite good, are you planning to keep on building new stuff all the time?
and could i bring my ns suburban with slick tyres and stiff forks and still ride most of it? or is it a more full suss place?

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
ok i retract my earlier statment!
its does actually look quite good, are you planning to keep on building new stuff all the time?
and could i bring my ns suburban with slick tyres and stiff forks and still ride most of it? or is it a more full suss place?

The Northshore line is being extended all the time so something new most weeks.

We are currently having a Pro DJ line built by Jim Davage and Chris Smith.

Also a group of BMX trail riders are building their own line which is looking great.

I have rode it all on my STP (Hardtail) and found it great but if you like your comfort you can ride the full suss. As for the tyres if its dry they will be awesome but the 4x may be sketchy in the wet with them.

If there are enough people on site we have an uplift service that can be provided.

If you come up on the 2nd May its free so cant get any better than that!

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
Here's my flickr page with various photos of the track at different stages of the redevelopment. It should give a reasonable idea of what the track is like until Tufty uploads a helmet cam vid. That or just come down and ride it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25566466@N02/

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
wow! ok then might try and get a group up then so its £10 for everything on that day? including uplifts?

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
wow! ok then might try and get a group up then so its £10 for everything on that day? including uplifts?

The 2nd of may is free to enter and camping is available.

Loz will be able to tell you more about the uplifts for that weekend.

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
o i seee! wow i dont mind walking back up! right we are deffo coming! thats wicked! hope the weather is good! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
Just to let you all know TTFreeriders now have a brand new website with loads of info, pics and event information.

Theres still much to do, but its a good place to start!!

http://www.ttfreeriders.com

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
Views: 693    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
Is that its full length? Looks really good...but grassy lol

No start gate?

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Is that its full length? Looks really good...but grassy lol

No start gate?

Chris Roberts Mr 4X brings the Gates.

The first straight is Grassy but through the summer we are hoping to spray it to clear all the Grass on the track.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
With more use, especially down the edges, it will wear away anyway...

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
woooooooooooooooooo i live in barnstaple and havnt been there for agers so we will be goin up on sunday and i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 1:50 Quote
Yeah, we have the spray pack and will go over the whole track and verges after the Easter break. By the summer it'll all be dirt and fast.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:20 Quote
Is everything ready to ride if i come up this sunday?

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
mxoli22 wrote:
Is everything ready to ride if i come up this sunday?

We have the Ghetto area to ride, Three shore lines partly completed, 4X track rideable its a good days riding for the money.

The club days sunday so should be people there to ride with.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018998
Mobile Version of Website