What's the Cheapest Way to Get Into DH?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the Cheapest Way to Get Into DH?
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

i go to whistler every year and Panorama last year(had the bike foir three and a half years)

You cant in all honesty say that your hardtail doenst hold you back? Im sure you avoid rock gardens.... etc etc... its probably fine on nice groomed runs like aline... but for any actual DH runs your bike would send your right on your face
the 15 foot drop in a-line i hit all time and snakes and ladders is fun as hell.

exactly my point thats freeride... not DH aline is a groomed run....

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
contaner wrote:
he has a tripple crown, and i do rock gardens on a 2008 giant boulder so i can tell he bombs them, not avoids them.
ya, anyway it all up to you cuz its your choose im just helping you decide lol. hope it did.
P.S. if you got with triple crown hardtail you can always sell.

you take your hardtail down any thing remotely similar to this https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3140967/ at speed and your gonna have a bad time

Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

You cant in all honesty say that your hardtail doenst hold you back? Im sure you avoid rock gardens.... etc etc... its probably fine on nice groomed runs like aline... but for any actual DH runs your bike would send your right on your face
the 15 foot drop in a-line i hit all time and snakes and ladders is fun as hell.

is my bike in my albums good for FR? and should i get an awesome condition ellsworth joker for $800?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

snakes and ladders is all rock gardens and ladder drops and skinnies and suck so shut up okay.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
contaner wrote:
is my bike in my albums good for FR? and should i get an awesome condition ellsworth joker for $800?
no, sorry the ellsworth is not to good either. whats your price range?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

snakes and ladders is all rock gardens and ladder drops and skinnies and suck so shut up okay.

Hhaha no i wont shut up... your only trying to convince him to get a hardtail to justify your crap bike. The only answer to this question is get a used full suspention. if hardtails were the best bike suited to DH all the pros would ride them... but last time i checked, theres not one WC rider on a hardtail.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

Hhaha no i wont shut up... your only trying to convince him to get a hardtail to justify your crap bike. The only answer to this question is get a used full suspention. if hardtails were the best bike suited to DH all the pros would ride them... but last time i checked, theres not one WC rider on a hardtail.
well i guess the question we should ask him is if he expert cuz last time i checked not everyone can go down MT.Saint-anne in 2 minutes so chill out and i said that its his choice so, give me a break.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
Hhaha no i wont shut up... your only trying to convince him to get a hardtail to justify your crap bike.The only answer to this question is get a used full suspention. if hardtails were the best bike suited to DH all the pros would ride them... but last time i checked,theres not one WC rider on a hardtail .
come on there is always choices and decisions THAT HES WILL EVENTUALLY CHOOSE.right?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
in 34 minute we did pretty good.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
Hhaha no i wont shut up... your only trying to convince him to get a hardtail to justify your crap bike.The only answer to this question is get a used full suspention. if hardtails were the best bike suited to DH all the pros would ride them... but last time i checked,theres not one WC rider on a hardtail .
come on there is always choices and decisions THAT HES WILL EVENTUALLY CHOOSE.right?

exactly so dont steer him in the wrong direction.... he needs a fullsuspention. and so do you. If someone offered you a top of the line hard tail or a top of the full suspention bike FOR DH what would take? i would hope the full suspention ... if not your a jackass

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

exactly so dont steer him in the wrong direction.... he needs a fullsuspention. and so do you. If someone offered you a top of the line hard tail or a top of the full suspention bike FOR DH what would take? i would hope the full suspention ... if not your a jackass
no, chill buddy, i agree if he will race expert but a hardtail is all you need if you do anything esle and its more veritile to do you see a guy on DH rig on a XC couse/trail. so, what is your defense to that,f*cking bitch?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
you take your hardtail down any thing remotely similar to this https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3140967/ at speed and your gonna have a bad time

photo

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
sqrleprle wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

photo

no, thats called YOU NEED SKILL NOT A FULLY DH RIG, i can do anything you can do.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:49 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
sqrleprle wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

photo

no, thats called YOU NEED SKILL NOT A FULLY DH RIG, i can do anything you can do.

hahahaha ok bud. im sure you can do it. but not as fast. and with a whole lot more blood if you even try.

keep your 15 year old puberty harmones in check and settle the f*ck down

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029919
Mobile Version of Website