For a bmx brakes or no brakes, advantages and the disantages

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
For a bmx brakes or no brakes, advantages and the disantages
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 7:43 Quote
Okay i have a 2009 wtp trust and i cant decide if i should leave the brakes on or take them off

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
umm have u ridden brakeless before whats makin u want to ride brakeless do u use brakes in a lot of tricks what style of ridin do u do

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
ride4life94 wrote:
umm have u ridden brakeless before? whats makin u want to ride brakeless? do u use brakes in a lot of tricks that you can do or are there any tricks you want to learn that involve brakes? what style of ridin do u do, such as street, park, dirt or what?

there i edited it a little more so that it makes more sense =)

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
ride4life94 wrote:
umm have u ridden brakeless before whats makin u want to ride brakeless do u use brakes in a lot of tricks what style of ridin do u do
i have ridin brackless befor but i do i bit of dirt and mostly street

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
I've ridden brakeless and with brakes. I would say dont do it if you have a lot of steep hills by your house because you'll burn through shoes really quick. I really like brakeless for street and park if the park isn't crowded but if you're dirtjumping brakes are way better for not hitting trees and speed checking. Also brakeless will feel really wierd for the first week or so.

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 7:58 Quote
zhayne wrote:
ride4life94 wrote:
umm have u ridden brakeless before? whats makin u want to ride brakeless? do u use brakes in a lot of tricks that you can do or are there any tricks you want to learn that involve brakes? what style of ridin do u do, such as street, park, dirt or what?

there i edited it a little more so that it makes more sense =)
i do dirt but mostly street cuz i have a nother bike for dirt so

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
It's personal preference, ride a few days without using your brakes and see if you want to take them off. If your brakes work well, I'd say keep 'em. If you do barspins or any kind of tailwhips then I'd say get a proper big brake cable.

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
wisey wrote:
It's personal preference, ride a few days without using your brakes and see if you want to take them off. If your brakes work well, I'd say keep 'em. If you do barspins or any kind of tailwhips then I'd say get a proper big brake cable.
thanks

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:22 Quote
cavenuts wrote:
wisey wrote:
thanks

for barspins and stuff like that, you can either run only a back brake with an extra long cable, or get a semi normal length cable and run it through your head tube and use only a front brake.

personally i would go with only the long cabled back brake cause you can still foot jam and stuff without the front brake

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
zhayne wrote:
cavenuts wrote:
wisey wrote:
thanks

for barspins and stuff like that, you can either run only a back brake with an extra long cable, or get a semi normal length cable and run it through your head tube and use only a front brake.

personally i would go with only the long cabled back brake cause you can still foot jam and stuff without the front brake
i dont need a front brake

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:29 Quote
stay with brakes i thought brakeless was gonna be all fun but it really sucked. it just extra safety i would probly be dead if it wasn't for brakes

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
vlmends118 wrote:
stay with brakes i thought brakeless was gonna be all fun but it really sucked. it just extra safety i would probly be dead if it wasn't for brakes
thanks lol

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
cavenuts wrote:
vlmends118 wrote:
thanks lol
they have been the best 90$ i spent on my bike

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
i would say brakes unless you only ride street
if u never ever use them take em off

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
vlmends118 wrote:
cavenuts wrote:
vlmends118 wrote:
thanks lol
they have been the best 90$ i spent on my bike

what other 90$ things have you spent on your bike? lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009161
Mobile Version of Website