2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
I'd like to see Rosberg and Sutil on Mercedes. Perhaps Schumacher as a test/reserve driver. I think it's ridiculous that these old timers are sticking around in F1. Like Heidfeld, Barichello, and Webber. They're just sitting around F1 getting mediocre results. I can see Barichello and Webber did well this year but look at the circumstances. The big hitters weren't at bat

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
Just rumors, but I came across this, figured I'd post it.

Willi Weber on Wednesday kept speculation alive that Michael Schumacher might be set to make a sensational full-time return to formula one.

Rumours that the seven time world champion is to become Nico Rosberg's 2010 teammate at Mercedes GP are rife, and will only now intensify in the wake of comments made by 40-year-old Schumacher's long time manager.

Weber told the German weekly Bunte that, after the German had to call off his 2009 return to replace the injured Felipe Massa for health reasons, Schumacher is now "absolutely fit".

"His neck is also completely fine, just like his entire psyche," Weber added. "He could drive for victories."

Former triple world champion and German-language commentator Niki Lauda, however, doesn't believe the most successful driver in F1's history is about to stage a full comeback.

Referring to the rumours, the 60-year-old Austrian said: "I don't believe that there is one single grain of truth in them, at least from all the signals that I get."

Lauda said he can understand Schumacher's desire to fill in until Massa recovered this year, "but I cannot believe that he would be up for a full season".

"Why then he did stop racing in the first place?" he told F1's official website. "But that is my personal opinion."

that being said, is it time for a 2010 thread yet?

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
Looks like Sauber will be back next year. BMW has sold their team to Peter Sauber conditional that they still have a place on next years grid.

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 4:08 Quote
He already had a 20% stake right? He's just buying the rest back, as I understand it...

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
Looks like we will Sauber cars back on the grid next year and David Richards may get his wish and Prodrive or even Aston could be on the grid next year. Rumour is that Prodrive will buy the Renault team. Also, J. Villeneuve may sign on with the new Lotus team.

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 9:17 Quote
sauber is the old bmw team isnt it.

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
Yes, though it was initially Sauber, then BMW bought it.....so its gone full circle.

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 9:24 Quote
Bring back Jordan and Minardi too? lol I think not. Sauber were always mid-field, not tail-enders...

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Also, J. Villeneuve may sign on with the new Lotus team.
id have someone to vote for again!

Posted: Dec 11, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
With 26 cars on the grid next year a new points system will award points in the following order: 25-20-15-10-8-6-5-3-2-1, so all the way to 10th place.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
"If reports are to be believed, then Michael Schumacher and Mercedes GP fans are set to receive an early Christmas present this week. Schumacher has been linked with a return to Formula One since early November when Mercedes decided to buy the majority stake in Brawn GP.

The German carmaker has promised to announce Nico Rosberg's team-mate before Christmas and it looks like they will be true to their word. German daily Bild claims the deal between seven-times Schumacher and Mercedes is almost signed and sealed and it will be announced in the next week.

The paper reports that "the contract is ready to be signed" and that Schumacher has verbally agreed to the deal. It also adds that the 40-year-old will sign a one-year contract worth in the region of €7 million."

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 5:52 Quote
Schumi is back.

"Seven-times Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher is back.

The motor-racing legend has signed a three-year contract to drive in 2010 with Mercedes GP, ending three years in retirement.

The announcement comes 11 days ahead of Schumacher's 41st birthday on January 3, easily making him the oldest driver in next year's championship.

Schumacher said: "The motivation is pretty straightforward. I got a call from Ross (Brawn, team principal) at the beginning of November asking me to race again, telling me Mercedes were going to be involved.

"I've never left the race track, and after three years I regained the energy I'm feeling now.

"After playing around on motorbikes, I'm ready for the serious stuff."

Schumacher was poised to make a comeback with Ferrari in the summer to fill in for the injured Felipe Massa, but had to back out because of a neck injury which he now insists is not a problem.

"Before giving the final okay, I had to make sure my neck was okay," he said.

"It wasn't okay in the summer, but it's had the time to heal completely."

Posted: Dec 23, 2009 at 6:18 Quote
wish he was driving for ferrari...but thats still awesome!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.049221
Mobile Version of Website