2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Mod
Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 22:05 Quote
No shit eh. I want some irresponsible quotes from drivers that include four letter words in reference to other drivers and lots of single finger salutes. Don't the drivers realize that the fine for doing a post race donut in front of the grandstands will be greatly out weighed by the fact that most fans will instantly love him?! Throw those damn jumpers into the crowd and lets see a fist fight over them.

The days of close racing are long gone though and they won't come back until someone forces spec chassis, engine, and areo rules... none of which I ever want to see.

I'd be up at 5 am to watch live in a heartbeat but the cable guy won't be here until sometime between noon and five on sunday, f*ck! I'll have to avoid the internet and turn off my iPhone F1 updates so I can catch the rerun.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 22:09 Quote
I'm very interested how the Korean GP will work out. Looks like a fun track but hey it's a Hermann Tilke track. Thumbs Down They've all been let downs. Supposedly Singapore has been changed a little to make the laps shorter in order to make "closer" racing.

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 22:10 Quote
mikelevy wrote:
No shit eh. I want some irresponsible quotes from drivers that include four letter words in reference to other drivers and lots of single finger salutes. Don't the drivers realize that the fine for doing a post race donut in front of the grandstands will be greatly out weighed by the fact that most fans will instantly love him?! Throw those damn jumpers into the crowd and lets see a fist fight over them.

The days of close racing are long gone though and they won't come back until someone forces spec chassis, engine, and areo rules... none of which I ever want to see.

I'd be up at 5 am to watch live in a heartbeat but the cable guy won't be here until sometime between noon and five on sunday, f*ck! I'll have to avoid the internet and turn off my iPhone F1 updates so I can catch the rerun.
+1

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 6:16 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
non Hermann Tilke courses will make me happy. Who's going to wake up for the live showing of the race?!

Preach.....Tilke is like Kevin Costner.....how does he keep finding work?

I'll be staying up to watch it hear.

Was hoping Stefan GP would be allowed to compete as Jaques V was one of their drivers. Didn't think he'd do super well, but at least he isn't a robot and says what's on his mind. Lotus will finish races, they've had good reliability in testing. Virgin is the one that could be iffy. Interesting to see how their non-wind tunnel tested car will do as well.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 8:16 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Virgin is the one that could be iffy. Interesting to see how their non-wind tunnel tested car will do as well.
Don't expect much. They discovered there were some technical and calculation problems regarding the aero package. I'd say give them a few years then the fluid dynamics program will be somewhat solid.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 11:45 Quote
Staying up? Should live in a reasonable time zone guys! Race is at midday here!

Your predictions were pretty exhaustive. Ill go for:
1) Rosberg
2) Vettel
3) Webber

Back of the grid will be a scrap between Virgin, HRT and Lotus.

Any championship bets? I have a sad feeling Schumacher might do it somehow...

EDIT: if you want non robot drivers, try reserrecting James Hunt!

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:55 Quote
Sutil for the championship. It's happening

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:57 Quote
Ha! Right after Ukyo Katayama comes back and wins the title first.

Mod
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:02 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
Sutil for the championship. It's happening

LOL! I have 10 Canadian peso's that say that's not happening.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 17:17 Quote
Hahaha. I think Vettel and Webber have a very strong chance at the overall and the constructors

Mod
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 19:34 Quote
Does anyone know where I'd be able to watch Bahrain on the interwebs? Obviously there won't be any live stream of the race, but is there a site there shows the race shortly after it's finished?

I've payed money to watch the live streams in the past when I was more trusting... only to discover I was too trusting!

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 19:50 Quote
mikelevy wrote:
Does anyone know where I'd be able to watch Bahrain on the interwebs? Obviously there won't be any live stream of the race, but is there a site there shows the race shortly after it's finished?

I've payed money to watch the live streams in the past when I was more trusting... only to discover I was too trusting!
No. Bernie has made it extremely difficult to watch F1 from any other feed than TV

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 9:28 Quote
Yah. To find the whole race only will be tricky. Just watch it on TV?

Mod
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 9:47 Quote
So the first day didn't really sort anything eh? If the HRT's don't run at all they don't get a pity start at 23 and 24 for the race?

I may have to eat my words about Force India...

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
Practice 2
1 Nico Rosberg Mercedes Benz GP Ltd 1:55.409 23
2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:55.854 0.445 22
3 Michael Schumacher Mercedes Benz GP Ltd 1:55.903 0.494 23
4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:56.076 0.667 28
5 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:56.459 1.050 18
6 Nico Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:56.501 1.092 26
7 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:56.555 1.146 30
8 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:56.750 1.341 26
9 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:57.140 1.731 25
10 Pedro de la Rosa BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:57.255 1.846 24

No time for Buemi or Chandhok

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013317
Mobile Version of Website