2010 F1 season

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
2010 F1 season
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 12:26 Quote
mikelevy wrote:
So the first day didn't really sort anything eh? If the HRT's don't run at all they don't get a pity start at 23 and 24 for the race?

I may have to eat my words about Force India...
I told you

Posted: Mar 13, 2010 at 10:11 Quote
Soooo, who qualified 10th? That's right Sutil!

Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 10:05 Quote
I thought Id guessed good with Vettel. Shame about his crappy exhaust or something. Wasnt expecting Ferrari to be that strong. Disapointed with Schumi too.

Overall a good race, not spectacular but a good start.

Mod
Posted: Mar 14, 2010 at 16:19 Quote
I missed the first 15 laps, but the cable guy at least showed up in time for me to catch most of the rerunning. Pumped!

Man alive I was sure Vettel was the man, and I'm positive that he would have been if it wasn't for the RB's exhaust. He (and everyone else) know now that the Vettel/Redbull combo is the fastest at this early stage. What a shame for the car failure, although Ferrari also had to swap two engines throughout the weekend so maybe the red's aren't any better for reliability... they just got lucky in the race? RB has to be questioning any gains they may be able to get from their crazy exhaust as it's no use if it doesn't last. Why the hell didn't Nico get past Vettel at the end???!

Alonso basically ate Massa alive. Temp issues or not, I hope he puts the heat on Alonso. Lewis Vs. Jenson was a bit of a let down, was hoping last year's champ had something for Lewis, but it certainly doesn't look like it. Nico had Shumi for sure, but I still don' believe it will stay that way.

I'm not a fan of this whole multi race engine and tranny rule. It makes racers back off and not push when they could.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 11:42 Quote
Bore-rain was the hugest disappointment I've ever watched. I hate all of these regulations. This season better not be follow the leader

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 11:50 Quote
Its going to be worse than any other year for that. At least re-fueling gave time for mistakes, differing loads, lighter cars, etc, etc. Now a tire change can be timed to the second. Tire degredation doesn't seem to fall off quickly, so if you don't like where you're going to pop out, do an extra lap.

And now with mechanicals have to last several races, engines especially, why push the car anymore than you have to.

I'd like to see re-fuelling back and cars that qualify in the top 10 must start the race with enough fuel to go to the 3/4 point and teams outside of the top 10 can put as little fuel in as they wish. Also removing the engine restrictions to one or even two per weekend. Does it really cost them that much to make an extra few engines vs. the development cost to have engines last so many races.

Its going to be a long season.........maybe some of the older tracks will offer some glimmer of hope.

Posted: Mar 15, 2010 at 12:22 Quote
bigquotesSave your tyres.. save your fuel.. save your current placing.. and this is racing? The only race apears to be towards the demise of Formula 1 as a spectator sport.
-PlanetF1 Reader

It's not like most of the teams haven't already assembled multiple engines for the weekends as backup, they might as well use 'em. I think F1 should go back to the regulations of the late 90s aka barely any regs. The glory days of all out performance has been chucked, thrown away, and replaced by an oncoming spec series.

Mod
Posted: Mar 16, 2010 at 16:45 Quote
Hey boys, found this neat little techno blog. It's a good read! Not sure if you know about it or not....

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 at 16:53 Quote
Great blog!

If you go through the forums not a bad site as well.

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 at 17:30 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
The glory days of all out performance has been chucked, thrown away, and replaced by an oncoming spec series.

You mean, like the 1950s?

I highly doubt that a lack of regulations would make for any less boring racing. I just think that these regulations are wrong.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 9:00 Quote
Lewis nicked for drifting Merc.

However, here it only says:
[Quoten]The 2008 world champion was booked by Melbourne police under what are commonly known as 'anti-hoon' laws after they saw him turn onto a public road and accelerate so hard that the wheels spun and smoke billowed from the tyres.
[/Quoten]

Sounds like Aussie police are a compensating for something...

Mod
Posted: Mar 28, 2010 at 16:33 Quote
Holy sheet, that was a change from Bahrain. Although, those guys doing the F1 Debrief program on Speed said that
this years Bahrain had more passing than last years...

That was some exciting driving for everyone! Massive crash when the Sauber's wing fell off (for the 3rd time in two races!). I can't imagine them being allowed to start next week using the same wing set up, someone is going to get torpedo'd and hurt badly by a Sauber missile that can't turn.

Poor Vettel... again. Him and Lewis clearly have the most balls of all the drivers, as well as the most skill. The on-board of his pole quali lap was retarded. Pinned, but where other drivers may back off a touch after getting loose, he hits the next corners like it never happened. I think the title is his as I can't see his cars continuing to fail as the team must be gutted. Speaking of gutted, how about Webber?! I like him because he speaks his mind, but is polite. But he is being made to look slightly worse than ordinary against Vettel.

Who saw Timo in the Virgin battle hard against Shumi? I can't remember if the 'benz was having troubles or maybe cold/wrong tires, but it was weird to see.

The absolute most impressive thing about the entire weekend was Lewis. I don't care about the ticket (he's a twenty-something with millions who race's F1 cars, what do you expect?!), but he drove like an animal! Passing in places that no one else could and generally overdriving the Merc. JB got a bit of a gift as a result of smart choice, but Hamilton was the star of the race. I like the fact that he called out his team after the race as well, good on him. Most other drivers would have issued a scripted 2 sentence verbal vomit that they got from the team. Turns out he may not be a robot after all....

Impressive and exciting race all around. The rain obviously helped a lot, but the new tires rules played a part for sure as well. I watched it alone and stood up and yelled a number of times last night, I was stoked!

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 at 8:25 Quote
Webber was unlucky. He deserved better, although the accident did look a bit like his fault.

Schumi was fighting hard at the back. Mainly against Alguersuari I thought.

Overall a pretty damn good race. Although I have to admit I didnt watch it live!

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 9:23 Quote
Here's something to bring this thread back to life.
Views: 11,368    Faves: 205    Comments: 19

Mod
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 10:05 Quote
naturalhigh wrote:
Here's something to bring this thread back to life.
Views: 11,368    Faves: 205    Comments: 19

Goose bumps. I have them.

See how high that car is off the ground?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015872
Mobile Version of Website