Locked- The BMX Quick Question/General Discussion Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Locked- The BMX Quick Question/General Discussion Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
alright, i'm pretty sick of people saying "BACK ON TOPIC!" in the threads im subscribed to. so here we are, a thread for any bmxer to just talk about parts and such. if we get off topic in the Post Your BMX thread then just bring it over here.

UPDATE: this is the new BMX quick question thread because the last one got locked. if you have any questions, comment in here instead of making a new thread and you will get answered within 5 minutes (on a normal time)

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
This is a pretty good idea. especially a safe haven from Sherbert

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:44 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
those were my intensions haha

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:
those were my intensions haha
lol i could tell.

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
alright, i'm pretty sick of people saying "BACK ON TOPIC!" in the threads im subscribed to. so here we are, a thread for any bmxer to just talk about parts and such. if we get off topic in the Post Your BMX thread or The BMX Quick Question Thread then just bring it over here.

to start it off, who here agree's with me that eastern needs to stop worrying about weight? the tubing is too thin in the critical places...
I strongly disagree, they are doing just fine and are the only company with the balls to try it. They put thier products such as the grim reaper through rigorous testing to ensure its customers will be good to go. By the way even if they do have problems or malfuctions with thier products they have a lifetime warrenty on all thier parts just in case they do make something too light and unable to cope with todays hardcore BMX

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
well, that sounded like a self argument to me

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
But that also goes for most top Bmx companies today such as shadow and odyssey the have warrenties on their things even if they know their products are solid

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
bmxzach wrote:
alright, i'm pretty sick of people saying "BACK ON TOPIC!" in the threads im subscribed to. so here we are, a thread for any bmxer to just talk about parts and such. if we get off topic in the Post Your BMX thread or The BMX Quick Question Thread then just bring it over here.

to start it off, who here agree's with me that eastern needs to stop worrying about weight? the tubing is too thin in the critical places...
I strongly disagree, they are doing just fine and are the only company with the balls to try it. They put thier products such as the grim reaper through rigorous testing to ensure its customers will be good to go. By the way even if they do have problems or malfuctions with thier products they have a lifetime warrenty on all thier parts just in case they do make something too light and unable to cope with todays hardcore BMX
NOT TRUE. my friend snapped an eastern ultra light fork which does not have lifetime warranty, the fork is 3 years old and the warranty was one year. im not saying it was a complete piece of shit, even though thats my opinion, im saying if they want to save weight why not make the middle of the steertube, where its in the frame, thinner and the fork leg metal at the fork leg and steerer junction thicker, the fork legs were rediculously thin where they are welded to the steerer.

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
Your friend is the only one i know to have snapped one of those forks and he put it under max stress. front wheel on the top of the bank and rear wheel in the bank putting max strees right at the weld

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:
But that also goes for most top Bmx companies today such as shadow and odyssey the have warrenties on their things even if they know their products are solid

Which means they are sure of their product

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
Your friend is the only one i know to have snapped one of those forks and he put it under max stress. front wheel on the top of the bank and rear wheel in the bank putting max strees right at the weld
true, although it would have been stronger with thicker metal at that junction. someone start a different idea haha, i don't want this thread to only be fighting

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
hieber265 wrote:
true, although it would have been stronger with thicker metal at that junction. someone start a different idea haha, i don't want this thread to only be fighting
Im not fighting with you im just telling you most likely why it broke. The force of his landing was trying to push the fork away from him and the frame which snapped the fork. Also the fork you are talking about is 40oz which is not light at all, my shadow creeper is 32oz soo idk what that proves but whatever

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
bmxzach wrote:
hieber265 wrote:
Im not fighting with you im just telling you most likely why it broke. The force of his landing was trying to push the fork away from him and the frame which snapped the fork. Also the fork you are talking about is 40oz which is not light at all, my shadow creeper is 32oz soo idk what that proves but whatever
exactly my point, they say its ultra light because the fork legs are super thin, yet the steertube weighs more than the legs..

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
bmxzach wrote:
hieber265 wrote:
bmxzach wrote:

exactly my point, they say its ultra light because the fork legs are super thin, yet the steertube weighs more than the legs..
I personally dont like that fork and wouldnt buy it however i have no problem with buying the grim reaper i think i am going to buy the harvestor tho cuz it is light enough and it has built in chain-tentioners so i like it

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
This thread makes me happy. And the first remark about Eastern just made it all the better. Way to go Ztach.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011985
Mobile Version of Website