Can u use a moto-x helmet for freeride/DH?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Can u use a moto-x helmet for freeride/DH?
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
[Quote="MDHdirtjump"]
bailey262 wrote:
even mtb fullfaces arent that protective...
he was wearing a giro remedy fullface and check this out
*snip*

he wuz wearing a fox launch fullface nick

uhh no me and connor were talking to him right after he came to

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 10:19 Quote
This thread makes me laugh.

No one will change anyone's opinion on what helmet to wear. At the end of the day, Moto Helmets give more protection, but they are heavier, pricier, bigger and make your head hotter.

If you want ultimate protection, buy a moto lid, they also work better with Leatt Braces,.
If you want to look cool, and save money, but a MTB lid, just don't buy a TLD. There are much better helmets that give you mroe protection for the money.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
timlake wrote:
This thread makes me laugh.

No one will change anyone's opinion on what helmet to wear. At the end of the day, Moto Helmets give more protection, but they are heavier, pricier, bigger and make your head hotter.

If you want ultimate protection, buy a moto lid, they also work better with Leatt Braces,.
If you want to look cool, and save money, but a MTB lid, just don't buy a TLD. There are much better helmets that give you mroe protection for the money.

cheers

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
accually i've been really surprised at some of the moto helmets, sure they are a little heavier, but in all honesty, unless you sitting you not going to notice it that incredibly much ( did a couple runs with cousins 1industries trooper and accually liked it)

I'm also going to dispute the fact that mtb helmets look cooler, blanket statements are usually bull... everyone has different tastes in style. Hense all the different looks.

the moto helmet is absolutely not ment to break. Its basicly like a couple have said... a heavier, stronger mtb helmet. I've seen way more crushed mtb helmets irl then moto, so go figure.

One thing i couldn't agree on more is the price.... i remember looking in a moto shop when shoei's were travis's helmet of choice and was like, the hell!... 1200 bucks. Suddenly 400 for a full mtb carbon doesn't sound so bad.

Posted: May 15, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
Atrak wrote:
the moto helmet is absolutely not ment to break. Its basicly like a couple have said... a heavier, stronger mtb helmet. I've seen way more crushed mtb helmets irl then moto, so go figure.

You should have read all the other posts first. Sure the moto helmet might not "break" in case where the mtb helmet would. However, that moto helmet might be much worse for your head despite it still being in contact. The mtb helmet however is designed for mountain biking, and when it "breaks" or crushes, it does so in a way that is meant to save your head, or your life.

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
true... crushed helmet... or crushed skull...

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 23:40 Quote
Yes but it would be stupid heavy, but if its all you got, do it

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 23:52 Quote
i ride dirt bikes and dh and i use a mx helmet for both... i dont notice a difference really just cuz im use to it i guess

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
you can get a DOT apporoved fox helmet for 120$

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041023
Mobile Version of Website