What should be developed in bmx.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What should be developed in bmx.
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
i think it would be more beneficial on bmx for now and not a spider

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
Square spindles, and chainwheels so they are always centered and relatively low bugdet

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
Square spindles, and chainwheels so they are always centered and relatively low bugdet

yeh, what dumbass thought of 42 tooth BB spindles anyway? the teeth always wear and start to wobble, why didnt bmx companys just stick with 8t spindles?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
chadpowell wrote:
hieber265 wrote:

yeh, what dumbass thought of 42 tooth BB spindles anyway? the teeth always wear and start to wobble, why didnt bmx companys just stick with 8t spindles?
ya sqaure would be even more efficient too, im almost 100% sure you couldnt f*ck it up and it would be cheaper to make

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
chadpowell wrote:

It's 48 spline, not tooth.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
A good attitude.
Best one i've seen so far.
I know that a few guys are working on this one out of their homes.. How long till it gets big and is available everywhere?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
Soon I hope. I really sick of the old model.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
rear disk brake= never have to true your rim.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
its not needed 990 brakes work perfectly fine.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
And you would have to choose from chewing up your drivetrain, or bending the shit out of the brake. Rim brakes are stop alot better than disks anyways, and are much more reliable.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
Yes but imagine having the stopping power of disk brakes and the feather light pull required to engage them thanks to the power of hydrolics. and im sure you all have ridden someone mtn bike with supper tuned brakes and wished you could have them

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
And you would have to choose from chewing up your drivetrain, or bending the shit out of the brake. Rim brakes are stop alot better than disks anyways, and are much more reliable.
I never thought about that. That is the best counter-argument i have ever heard to discs on BMXs.
Drivetrain or broken discs...

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
You couldn't run discs and LHD at the same time either.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:55 Quote
marsbars wrote:
You couldn't run discs and LHD at the same time either.
Just put the disc on backwards.

Wait, What if the disc and the drivetrain were on the same side?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012666
Mobile Version of Website