What should be developed in bmx.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What should be developed in bmx.
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
marsbars wrote:
You couldn't run discs and LHD at the same time either.
you could make it non-drive side disk, and besides it would work cuz if you grinded that side you run the risk of destroying it, and rim brakes are tucked in about the safest place i dont think you could hurt them even if you tired

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 17:11 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
Yes but imagine having the stopping power of disk brakes and the feather light pull required to engage them thanks to the power of hydrolics. and im sure you all have ridden someone mtn bike with supper tuned brakes and wished you could have them

Have you ever rode a properly tuned aftermarket 990 brake? A quality aftermarket brake system that is properly installed will get you stopped on a dime just the same. Its just that so many people try and setup junk factory components then complain that the braking performance sucks.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
hieber265 wrote:
marsbars wrote:
you could make it non-drive side disk, and besides it would work cuz if you grinded that side you run the risk of destroying it, and rim brakes are tucked in about the safest place i dont think you could hurt them even if you tired
You'd need disc mounts on both sides of the frame then, to be able to run disc brakes on either side.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
marsbars wrote:
hieber265 wrote:
marsbars wrote:
You'd need disc mounts on both sides of the frame then, to be able to run disc brakes on either side.

and on both sides of the hub

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
Depends if you have a flip-flop hub..

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
marsbars wrote:
Depends if you have a flip-flop hub..

yeah i guess. i dont really know much about brakes or drivetrains lol.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
marsbars wrote:
hieber265 wrote:

and on both sides of the hub
Make removable brake mounts. Then you don't have wasted weight on your bike and you can put the brake on either side. you only need the mount on one side of the hub then.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
they dont make a right hand disk brake. i believe

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
vlmends118 wrote:

read the thread title.....

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 19:12 Quote
vlmends118 wrote:

i made the thread

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
vlmends118 wrote:
vlmends118 wrote:

i made the thread

yeah well if you are talking about what should be developed then you can obviously have companies make products that dont already exist.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
people who don't hate on trends and ride there bike no matter what it looks like

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
ryaneles wrote:
people who don't hate on trends and ride there bike no matter what it looks like

But then what would become of the internets?!

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
ryaneles wrote:

But then what would become of the internets?!
It would be a good place where we could find valuable information. OH! we can only dream of such a place.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
A new material stronger and lighter than Chromoly that isn't 4x the price.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015645
Mobile Version of Website