Powered by Outside

Do u think i rly need the D-max's

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do u think i rly need the D-max's
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
photo

I got this bike from my bro cus he doesnt use it anymore..... i'm good at jumpin i'm just learnin 2 do tricks though.... so i was wonderin if i rly need the D-maxs. if u think i dont suggest a pair of rims.. i will be goin to whistler a lot

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
jackass8282 wrote:
photo

I got this bike from my bro cus he doesnt use it anymore..... i'm good at jumpin i'm just learnin 2 do tricks though.... so i was wonderin if i rly need the D-maxs. if u think i dont suggest a pair of rims.. i will be goin to whistler a lot

Na not really , look along the lines of the DT Swiss FR6.1D , Light strong and at CRC you can get custom build of any hub Smile

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
never ever ever recomend dt swiss rims,especially the 6.1.

sell the deemax and get something like a pro 2 hub on mavic 721.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
D-Monster wrote:
jackass8282 wrote:
photo

Na not really , look along the lines of the DT Swiss FR6.1D , Light strong and at CRC you can get custom build of any hub Smile

all i can find r the f600 on their website

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
marquis wrote:

how much do u think i could get for em... there like 6 months old never been riden hard... jus some light trails

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
gotta be careful with those 6.1s.. good for someone who gets new ones at the end of a race.. not so good for someone who buys them themselves.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
marquis wrote:

whats wrong with the 6.1 i was thinking of getting them?

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:45 Quote
jackass8282 wrote:
marquis wrote:

how much do u think i could get for em... there like 6 months old never been riden hard... jus some light trails

as a mod i cant help you there and also wouldnt advise asking in threads,maybe have a look through the buyandsell section to see what there going for and price yours accordingly.

dt fr 600 is the new version of the 6.1 that was a terrible let down,if i were you i would maybe wait on the rim choice to see if dt have ironed out there bugs.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
You have a decent wheelset, I would just keep them and save your money.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
The FR600 is DT's new DH/FR rim. It replaces the 6.1 and uses a new stronger alloy that should alleviate the denting issues associated with the 6.1 rims.

Though the Deemax are fine. Switch only if you have to.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
i can understand if you were going to buy them, but you already have the deemaxs... why would you replace a top end wheelset?? usually the only deterent is cost, so what's the problem?

littlisthobbo wrote:
marquis wrote:

whats wrong with the 6.1 i was thinking of getting them?

its not just me either,and yes i have put enough tyres on to get you round the world twice.

photo

i would like to sell them though because i would like to buy a new fork

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
i can understand if you were going to buy them, but you already have the deemaxs... why would you replace a top end wheelset?? usually the only deterent is cost, so what's the problem?

i dont wanna be made fun of 4 having a good wheel set wen i can do next to nothing

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
jackass8282 wrote:
lilwalters wrote:

i dont wanna be made fun of 4 having a good wheel set wen i can do next to nothing

its also the fact that deemax are a high maintenance and costly item to look after.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013515
Mobile Version of Website