Annoying Problems With Bikes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Annoying Problems With Bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
Hi Guys I was just woundering if you could post up simple but annoying problems you have run into while riding your bike or just getting on to it!

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
2nd ride of the year, i get on my bike, and notice the fork only has 30-40mm of travel (dj2). air was empty... apparently my air cartridge is f*cked up...yay

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
most annoying thing was today. you can adjust the rear drop-out area to shorten the chainstay lengths. I had to get the holes to line up perfectly, like 1mm off and it wouldn't fit. took me atleast 10 minutes on each side to get it finally lined up.

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
hehe thats like the same when i have to take off and remount my rear shock. complete pain to line everything up

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 20:37 Quote
the break lines decide to start leaking as you ride out of the garage getting ready for the mountain!

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
when im pedalling very hard and the derrailleur has the gay shifting clunking.also if im on lowest gear and the derrailleur long piece hanger gets stuck in the spokes

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
ilikeicecream wrote:
when im pedalling very hard and the derrailleur has the gay shifting clunking.also if im on lowest gear and the derrailleur long piece hanger gets stuck in the spokes
you mean the derailleur cage...

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
hangers... you alllll know what i mean

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
you can never sell them for the price you want

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
lol theyre meant to break which is good and bad i guess but its annoying to find the model of hangar especially for an older bike!

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
MountainFreedom wrote:
lol theyre meant to break which is good and bad i guess but its annoying to find the model of hangar especially for an older bike!
haha ya, its a good thing in a sense, it prevents you from ripping your frame apart. but at the same time, they break too easy and all. i sold a brand new frame to a guy, it was a replacement from warranty. the thing had never done anything other than sat in my room, and it turned out the hanger was bent! it it the floor once i think haha. guy had a spare though, so it was all good.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
MountainFreedom wrote:
the break lines decide to start leaking as you ride out of the garage getting ready for the mountain!

or you haul your bike up ( walking ) up the side of the mountain to the top and 10 feet into the trail your line springs a leave and its down a trail, you need front and rear brakes or you ummmmm DIE!!!! i was pissed and costed my bike mostly down the trail.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
knobzy wrote:
MountainFreedom wrote:

or you haul your bike up ( walking ) up the side of the mountain to the top and 10 feet into the trail your line springs a leave and its down a trail, you need front and rear brakes or you ummmmm DIE!!!! i was pissed and costed my bike mostly down the trail.

Learn from the guys that ride brakeless

Foot + Back tire tup

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
knobzy wrote:
MountainFreedom wrote:

Learn from the guys that ride brakeless

Foot + Back tire tup
i was told off by a bunch of them once for mentioning that. apparently they prefered the "put your feet on the ground" technique...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019287
Mobile Version of Website