Odyssey Director Fork

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Odyssey Director Fork
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 0:49 Quote
Hey ive herd alot of good things about this fork but have one question.

It seems since the dropouts come practicaly straight down the drop outs would stick out and get hung up on grinds (especialy smiths on ledges)
Some of the more (traditional forks advertize they are angled for beter grind clearence so idk

Anyone have any experence with these ar any imput.

thanks

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 3:53 Quote
aaron ross has no problems enough said

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 9:23 Quote
From the Odyssey Catalog:
——————————
While the Director Fork may look different from what you are used to, the geometry and feel are an identical match with traditional forks. As the diagram shows, the axle is in the same position as it would be with a ‘normal’ fork design

The Director’s differences lie in the use of new construction techniques, putting this fork in a league of its own. The steerer tube is connected to the legs by using a joint design that is a substantial improvement over ordinary tubular crown forks. The legs have been angled forward so the hollow dropouts can blend smoothly into the leg tubing, while also maintaining a “traditional” axle position. By running the legs “directly” from where the load is applied (at the steerer tube), to where it is reacted against (at the wheel axle), the mechanical efficiency has been maximized in this structure. The end result is improved performance and durability.

The dropouts are formed from the leg itself, rather than being a basic welded on plate that is left to “flap in the breeze” like on a conventional fork. This design, combined with a 10mm thickness, makes bent dropouts a thing of the past. The hollow dropouts are not only dramatically stronger, they are lighter too.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
Personally i dont like how the director looks.

Whats the benefits of it?

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
bikebreak-er wrote:

It seems since the dropouts come practicaly straight down the drop outs would stick out and get hung up on grinds (especialy smiths on ledges)
Some of the more (traditional forks advertize they are angled for beter grind clearence so idk

thanks

The dropouts are not larger then a pegs diameter, so it is basically impossible to hit them/get them hung up on a grind.

There have been a few cracked ones, but overall they seem to be doing very well. Also, they are backed by one of the best companies in the business.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
Atlas77 wrote:

light, strong and awesome.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:

sounds good to me!

i just never looked into one.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:44 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
Atlas77 wrote:

+1 its a damn good fork it comes in 3/8 only fyi

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
bikebreak-er wrote:

thanks

The dropouts are not larger then a pegs diameter, so it is basically impossible to hit them/get them hung up on a grind.

There have been a few cracked ones, but overall they seem to be doing very well. Also, they are backed by one of the best companies in the business.

Thank you thats exactly what i wanted to kno.
It also has a lifetime warenty so if it cracks im set
thanks for all the imput

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
Mine is nice. And gooood

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
i do think there a little funny lookin but you cant argue with what odessy has to say about them

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
photo

i find my bike looks fine with the director.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
im so set on the director
its just dope
it looks hella clean

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:

i find my bike looks fine with the director.
i use pa bars and directors also and its a dope combo

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
And they come in purple rain now Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013060
Mobile Version of Website