Riding Shoe HELP! 5.10 - MP56

PB Forum :: Downhill
Riding Shoe HELP! 5.10 - MP56
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 6:05 Quote
Hi,
I've searched the forums, but i cant get the info i need.
I ride (try to) DH, DJ and street, but I really just care about DH. I need some new shoes, and dont want to lighten my pocket too much to weigh down my feet. I have broke it down to the following two:
5.10 Basic
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_51&products_id=1149
Shimano MP56
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_51&products_id=144
LOOKING FOR:
-grip
-wear characteristics (long wearing)
-tough (shoe vs crankarm issues)

these are cheap, and I have seen and heard bad things of the 661 Launch. What would you reccomend, and the 15$ price difference doesnt bother me. dont care about style, and I'm a size 11 for UK i think.. PLEASE HELP!

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 6:16 Quote
661 launch are goin great for me! took them on a 15 km hike and they were prime!while everyone else was getting blisters these were the height of comfort, as for wear, dunno, they're pretty new. Between those two id go the mp56, the fivetens just look skinny and thin and not up to the task of a hard bush-bashing on a mtb, look like they're designed for mostly street,

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 6:16 Quote
if the 5.10 basic grip is anything like the 5.10 impact then yopur gonna be happy.

my only bugbear with the 5.10 impact is the sole is to stiff to give any feedback through the pedal.

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
thanks fellas, appreciate the help as i need it fast, keen to buy...
i have seen 661's with massive tongues on them, and that makes me run for cover...
aslong as these buggers can last at least a full season, and i live in tassie (rains 300/365 days in my town, fact), and ride in the wet too

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007600
Mobile Version of Website