New weelset help please....

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New weelset help please....
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
ok, so i have been planning on getting a new rear wheel for my NS metropolis, i was going to get a profile MTB hub on a spank stiffy rim and only rear, no front. but now ive decided that i want a a front wheel aswel, but my budget hasn't got ny bigger so profile is out of the window. i have roughly £250 for a front and rear wheel, i would like a nice light wheelset but not if it compromises strength (so kinda in the middle), single speed rear and 20mm front hub please.

ive looked around CRC a bit but im totaly baffled by the amount of choice and so im asking for help from pinkbike, i know theres loads of threads like this around but im totaly clueless so i know the pinkbike community can help!Salute

Thanks in advanceBig Grin

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:09 Quote
Hope Pro 2, SingleSpeed rear on Mavic EX721 rims.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
well i'm not sure how strong the pound is against the USD right now but you could try going on atomlab.com and building a custom set of wheels for yourself there, i like the pimps or pimplites myself and am getting a SS-set for my hardtail soon

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
gary1 wrote:
im liking the mavik EX721 but im not liking the hope pro2 rear hub, any other good hub suggestions?

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
johnrichy wrote:
gary1 wrote:
im liking the mavik EX721 but im not liking the hope pro2 rear hub, any other good hub suggestions?

Why not a Pro 2?

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:20 Quote
gary1 wrote:
johnrichy wrote:
gary1 wrote:

Why not a Pro 2?
i dont mind the front, but the rear in my opinion isnt what i want cos its a gear hub and i not a fan of ss kits on geared hubs, i would perer a proper ss hub, thanks anywaySalute

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
johnrichy wrote:
gary1 wrote:
johnrichy wrote:

Why not a Pro 2?
i dont mind the front, but the rear in my opinion isnt what i want cos its a gear hub and i not a fan of ss kits on geared hubs, i would perer a proper ss hub, thanks anywaySalute

Are you retarded? Read what I said again.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
gary1 wrote:
johnrichy wrote:
gary1 wrote:

Why not a Pro 2?

Are you retarded? Read what I said again.
yes but isnt the hope pro2 meant for gears and an ss kit is needed to make it ss?? i would rather a hub that is designed for ss and not gears. correct me if im wrong though.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
hope pro 2 comes in normal, and ss.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
Hope Pro 2 Trials/Singlespeed.

Read the name of it. You can run 6 gears on it but its an SS hub.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 10:01 Quote
gary1 wrote:
Hope Pro 2 Trials/Singlespeed.

Read the name of it. You can run 6 gears on it but its an SS hub.
Unhallowed wrote:
hope pro 2 comes in normal, and ss.

ok thanks dudes, could either of you get me a link to a UK one please? thanks in advanceSalute

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
your LBS should be able to order it for you?
I refuse to buy online so I can't be much help with links...

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
gary1 wrote:
Here.
wow, how do u do that with google ?? pretty cool, btw cheers

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
gary1 wrote:
Here.
ha ha ha - thats Ef'in genius lol

- try www.mtb-direct.co.uk or www.balfa.co.uk for some very good wheelsets at the £250 mark

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009578
Mobile Version of Website