The most talanted person(s) to ever ride two wheels?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The most talanted person(s) to ever ride two wheels?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:46 Quote
After you broke your fingers typing that, did you sit back, look at your essay, and think; that really wasn't worth the effort...[/Quote]

Yeah pretty much, but i got really annoyed reading through the topic and im fine now haha. So maybe it was worth it!

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:51 Quote
ridelikeustoleit wrote:
Wait.. this was ages ago but i have to say it, cant be bothered to find the quote but somebody said that Tuck no handers were harder than frontflips... thats completely ridiculous! I've been getting tuck no handers down on my freeride bike and theres no way id ever try a frontflip.. like ever. Just imagine the skill it takes to go up a near vertical ramp, totally reverse the direction the bike wants to flip and then make it all the way round to the landing... thats skill. When i was in whistler at the airdome there was some completely unknown aussie kid who was hucking double frontflips cleanly round into the foam on a mountain bike... I dont know if he'll try that on dirt any time soon but it was incredible.
Also i agree with the trials guy who questioned why all you guys think ryan leech is the best, hes an awesome rider with a great trials style but hes not the world's best. He just gets the most media coverage. That Neil Tuncliffe guy is way more ballsy and does bigger, crazier stuff. I also think that people are so quick to judge a talented rider because they can lay down the craziest tricks. That is one aspect to bike sports but i often feel that style is massively undervalued.
I'm not going to say any particular rider because i feel its impossible to measure talent, the way i see it talent is something you develop, not something you are born with. Yes it comes easier to some than others but i feel a person's dedication and the direction they want to take their riding are what makes them talented. Ok thats enough my fingers are tired.
i agree 95% the part where u talk about ppl not being born with talent.. there are ppl out there that were just born to ride and have a gift and there are even more ppl who were born to not ride.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:55 Quote
take steve peat and fabien barel for instance,

Fabien barel said himself that hes not at all a natural rider and that he had to train every minute of every day to be as good as he is now.

Steve peat on the other hand is a natural rider, and he still trained every minute of every day to be as good as he is now.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 9:59 Quote
yea but study them during a race. they may be equally as fast but if u watch steve peat he is much more relaxed and "natural" where as fabrien is more "digital" he makes himself go fast. peat just kinda goes with it were fabrien makes it.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 10:02 Quote
that doesnt matter lol

you just said theyre equally good, so what i was trying to say is that it doesnt matter if your a natural rider or a natural born tryer

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 10:06 Quote
im refering to what rideit was saying. he said that there are no ppl born with talent it something you make. im saying there are people born with it and that there isnt. i agree a person who isnt "born" with it can be as fast as someone who is "born" with it but they have to try harder to get there.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 10:13 Quote
Which is exactly what i said, it comes easier to some than others. I agree that for some people it comes more easily but, like our characteristics as people, the majority of it is what has been altered by our upbringing, environment and experience. But yeah it would be ridiculous to say that talent is solely a product of effort, its obviously more prevalent in some people but that still doesnt make it any easier to say who is the most talented at something.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 10:14 Quote
Brett wolf - he rides and compete in the toughest Xc races with climbs and downhill's with one leg,Such a very talented person witch i have respect for.

Valentino Rossi - that's a legend in Moto GP and he won so many world championships and races.That guy can ride so fast and smooth on any track.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 10:16 Quote
i agree with u now. .thats what i was trying to get to. also valentino makes me sick everytime i watch him. its rediculus what he can do on a bike.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
I really don't believe that people are born with talent, or that some riders just learn faster than others. I think it all boils down to who tries the hardest to learn. Or, in other words, who is most dedicated to the sport gets better, faster.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 12:49 Quote
jason222 wrote:
I really don't believe that people are born with talent, or that some riders just learn faster than others. I think it all boils down to who tries the hardest to learn. Or, in other words, who is most dedicated to the sport gets better, faster.

i think its more down to balls...^^^

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 12:51 Quote
I don't see big hucks or backflips to be talent at all. Pretty much anyone can do them if you try and have the balls to go for it. A local rider named Cody landed his first backflip on his FIRST attempt.

FL
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
scotty cranmer for sure

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:00 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
Gareth Dyer. No one can mesh style, amplitude and flow better than he can. Too bad you don't hear much about him any more.

Last time i saw him ride was sea otter 05 i believe, he cased the dirt jumps over and over again... lacked amplitude and certainly flow

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020268
Mobile Version of Website