Video and Filming Tips

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
Video and Filming Tips
Posted: Apr 12, 2010 at 20:26 Quote
Okay so I need some tips on how to film a trail with tons of big jumps (flowy) but its a tight trail so Im not sure on how to get a good shot to go with this song....
Views: 10,085    Faves: 182    Comments: 51

I have to make this trail look flowy (everything except that one MASSIVE jump)
Me and my friend (taking turns filming each other) are both much smoother then that but I just can think of any possible way to make it flow really nice,but we both really want to use that song...tips?

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 1:12 Quote
Thats a really good song choice tup You could possibly start with a bit of epicness. e.g. overveiw of the area/ mountain. Then have some fast shots from a distance away so you get the motion blur of the tress & bushes around you. Try not to use all these boring in & out panning shots. They get really boring and repetitive. Just expirement with some stuff and try to keep things looking flowy.

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 at 13:36 Quote
just try different angles, experiment and see what works, you will be surprised at what you can come up with. maybe try something along the lines of a low shot near the trail, going slowly from tight to wide on a slow pan. I filmed hockey for the last year, and i was always told by my boss to get more creative, you just have to think out of the box, and a lot of the time that works.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:58 Quote
hi.

I need a good HD qualety camera, but I have no idea what to buy, and I have a low budged, any recconmendations?

Posted: Apr 18, 2010 at 6:02 Quote
How can I get this in better quality on Pinkbike and other websites?What setting should I upload on?
Views: 576    Faves: 17    Comments: 8

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 16:14 Quote
Here is something new we just cooked up!

Views: 51,929    Faves: 1,535    Comments: 165

HD version on Vimeo

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 13:22 Quote
Its my first edit Smile what can I do to make it better?

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
https://vimeo.com/11609816
please tell me what you think
any tips?

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
Evergreen-P wrote:
Here is something new we just cooked up!

Views: 51,929    Faves: 1,535    Comments: 165

HD version on Vimeo
Great video,wypers really stepping up his game!

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 at 18:37 Quote
Views: 3,025    Faves: 85    Comments: 24

Hey for anyone who can help. I want to know how to properly compress/upload my future videos so there is no black around it and the thumbnail is letter box. And any tips on stopping frame tearing and keeping up fps. Sucks shooting HD then seeing it be brought down.

I used the latest FCP and I tried to use compressor but it split up the audio and video so I couldn't upload with sound. Anyway I am really bad with the whole compression and upload thing so any help is welcome.

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 14:13 Quote
GeorgeCollister wrote:
Views: 3,025    Faves: 85    Comments: 24

Hey for anyone who can help. I want to know how to properly compress/upload my future videos so there is no black around it and the thumbnail is letter box. And any tips on stopping frame tearing and keeping up fps. Sucks shooting HD then seeing it be brought down.

I used the latest FCP and I tried to use compressor but it split up the audio and video so I couldn't upload with sound. Anyway I am really bad with the whole compression and upload thing so any help is welcome.
What camera are you shooting with because it looks like your shooting at 25fps so hence why the laggy blurry slow mo's. I haven't had much experience with FCP but I guess you just want the project settings at 16:9 or something and just turn off the 4:3 letter boxing when rendering?

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 7:56 Quote
Heres the latest..I'm pretty stoked on how it came together, but I was wondering what could be changed/done better? I know next time to bring a weight or something so the dolly shots arent shaking like a leaf.
Views: 421    Faves: 14    Comments: 8

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
Brydenscott wrote:
Heres the latest..I'm pretty stoked on how it came together, but I was wondering what could be changed/done better? I know next time to bring a weight or something so the dolly shots arent shaking like a leaf.
Views: 421    Faves: 14    Comments: 8

Only one thing I can say.... Wow o_O

Thats a real nice video man Smile do you have any tips for a Mountain bike video?

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 at 0:14 Quote
Brydenscott wrote:

Colour correction yo. It makes a big difference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023412
Mobile Version of Website