May 9 Moose Mtn Trail Day

PB Forum :: Canada - West
May 9 Moose Mtn Trail Day
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
I am sure all of you are aware of the new trail Society for Moose Mountain (MMBTS). www.mmbts.com With our new relationship with the SRD, we are fortunate enough to obtain the key to the Moose road, previous to it's scheduled May 15th opening. This provides an amazing op to for a trail day previous to the onslaught of riders hitting the trails. We plan on having our first trail of the year for Saturday May 9th @ 11AM(Ing's mine Plot). An announcement article is to be posted on Pinkbike but will not hit the main page until Tuesday! (Sea otter stuff is eating up home space time) The reason for this email being, that we need to start spreading the word on this to give the community a heads up. If you all could assist with this task that would be much appreciated. Mentioning such on the PinkBike forums, is a great way to get the word out, especially if confirmation from many planning on being in attendance is evident.

BBQ and beers to follow trail love.

For once the trails will get buffed previous to abused.

Hope to see you all next Saturday the 9th!

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
Anything going on May long trail day wise?

I'll probably be up with a few friends, we'll bring some shovels and rakes and do some minor buffing on a couple trails.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
Just wanted to bump this a bit...silentj, Obee1 and I have been talking a bit about this.
What's the game plan for the 9th?

FL
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
may long weekend might be pretty busy for doing any trail work as there will be a lot of people riding once the gate is opened up.

As for the plans of the trail day, there should be an article posted up on pinkbike mainpage soon. MMBTS is having a meeting Tuesday night where will talk more about the specifics of the trail day, and I think Friday a few of us will be going out to have a look at the trails to determine specific tasks to split people up on. So just keep your ears on and your eyes open as the details get worked out, and pray that the snow keeps melting.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
I'm not a member of the MMBTS (yet) but I'd like to come out and groom anyways.

Will there be people collect applications there? I have the forum, I just need some-one to give the cash too.

FL
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
There will be people there to collect your forms and money and your valuable volunteer time.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
Sweet, then I'll be there

O+
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
Umm, there's still a heap of snow on the trail. Is the plan still to ride on the 9th?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
jitenshakun wrote:
Umm, there's still a heap of snow on the trail. Is the plan still to ride on the 9th?

It's a "trail day" as in come and WORK on the trails. They will probably be to wet to ride anyway.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
Ah, I am a noob to the lingo. my bad.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
Is everyone meeting in Calgary and then heading out to Moose, or meeting out there? I'd like to go out and help out but have never been there, so it'd be cool if I could follow someone.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
where are we meeting, station flats?
and should i bring any tools?
and a bike?

FL
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
there should be an article with all the info posted on the main page wednesday. But meet at the Ing's mine parking lot at 11:00am (where the trails TW, SLF, Toothless, JG on the Rocks all exit). Bring any tools you might have, like shovels/picks and gloves.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
For those that don't know, the Ing's Mine Road is the next right off of Highway 66 after you pass by the Moose Mountain Road.

Come out, have fun working on the trails you'll be riding the rest of the year and enjoy the free BBQ following the work!

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
never wrote:
For those that don't know, the Ing's Mine Road is the next right off of Highway 66 after you pass by the Moose Mountain Road.

Come out, have fun working on the trails you'll be riding the rest of the year and enjoy the free BBQ following the work!

Plus I hear Never's gonna perform his world famous strip show act. FREE this time!

We're working on building a stage for him at the 2k mark.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032649
Mobile Version of Website