How to get over your fear of hitting huge jumps?

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How to get over your fear of hitting huge jumps?
Posted: Oct 6, 2010 at 2:27 Quote
I only started riding DH a few months ago, (maybe 5 i guess), and i wanted to start racing, so going to the first race, seeing guys clearing the jumps in practice and i just figured if they can do it so can i. just go the same sort of speed, and just stay neutral. plus i thought to my self "if i want to compete and not just participate i have to clear the big ones"

Not a problem, since then i have just continued to try bigger stuff. had a few crashes, but thats why i wear a helmet!!

confidence is the most important, if your psyc'ed out before you try, you are not going to have a good time. positive thoughts, picture how smooth it will be when you are flying and rolling out!!!

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 15:42 Quote
Go for it... Win or Bin Wink

Posted: Oct 28, 2010 at 15:43 Quote
If it's your first time jumping and you have a "friend" with a camera, don't do it! He's only filming to get a crash video with you as the star! LOL.

Seriously, commitment is key and good attitude.

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 at 1:17 Quote
Not sure that is such a confidence builder but good plan.

Posted: Nov 7, 2010 at 11:19 Quote
"go big or go home" . simple as

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 20:02 Quote
Simple. Stop being a pussy and go for it!!! Dont second guess yourself or you're bound to slow up and bail....

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 12:26 Quote
close your eyes

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 13:41 Quote
ace1992 wrote:
close your eyes

just no Thumbs Down

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 14:01 Quote
couldnt help it after seeing this:

http://bmx.transworld.net/1000110029/videos/how-to-one-footed-x-up-with-tammy-mccarley/

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 14:06 Quote
ya let ur foot dangle like a testicle

funny vid

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 at 12:01 Quote
i always hype my self up like from the beginning of a ride to the end when i try the jump gap whateverJoker

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
i dont get much chance to ride so i just go for the jumps an do them and if i dont i always go home regretting not doing it at the end of the day Smile

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 12:13 Quote
harryc123 wrote:
i dont get much chance to ride so i just go for the jumps an do them and if i dont i always go home regretting not doing it at the end of the day Smile

Fair play dude

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 23:50 Quote
all you gotta do is to believe youll make it, one day i went to a riding spot and hucked everything there that i was afraid to Smile now 2.5 meters drops seem average

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 16:37 Quote
i made this thing up, i usally just go for shit and once i do it i tell him its a "kick in the nuts" because after he does it and realizes how easy it is he is going to want to kick himself in the nuts! haha so next time just ask , "is it a kick in the nuts?" hahahha oh and dont be a b*tch!!! ahahah

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030322
Mobile Version of Website