Choose yeti 303R DH X TRek Session 88 X Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Choose yeti 303R DH X TRek Session 88 X Cove Shocker
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: May 6, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
i dont konw what dh rig is better, i prefer yeti 303R, and you guys, what the best choice, if anyone have other idea tell me too, thanks

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
I personally love the yeti. Ive ridden it once or twice, so I cant fully tell you whether or not its the best, but I can tell you that some of my friends race them, and the love the bike. Apparently its also gotten a lot easier to clean the "cabinet rail" due to easy to access grease ports. But the session and the cove are also great bikes, so you really have a pretty big dilemma haha. What kind of riding are you going to be doing on them? What terrain and what not?

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
Useless questions get useless answers, if you want recommendations of a bike that is good for your style of riding we need to know what you want. There is no "best bike"...

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
if your spending that kind of money you should know what you want

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
i dont know i've heard the cove was sort of heavy though never ridden looked it up just what ive heard ya dig?

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
Cove weighs about 13 pounds with shock and steel spring, so yes it is very heavy. The Yeti is very heavy (comparatively) as well, and the Session 88 is so light that it dents extremely easily.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 9:24 Quote
The shocker is 12.5 pounds frame shocker steel spring.

The yeti is also quite a heavy frame around the same weight.

the session is crazy light which is nice but like said above it will dent easy.

I have a shocker and you do not feel the weight when your riding. My shocker weighs in at 43.08 lbs and if I were to get new wheels it would be 41 easy or go tubless it would be sub 40. The bike rides like a dream as well.

sorry i have no other info on the yeti or session but there all great bikes but it depends what kinda riding your going to be doing.

Edit: The shocker is the best bike for BC riding imo.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 10:00 Quote
yeah if its for racing i would say the trek cause ive heard the geometry is real nice and i can guarantee it wont dent as easily as it sounds.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
yeah if its for racing i would say the trek cause ive heard the geometry is real nice and i can guarantee it wont dent as easily as it sounds.
\

how the hell can you guarantee that when its pretty well known that the tubing is crazy thin?

FL
Posted: May 6, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
ok, i want a bike to downhill race, but in brazil the courses is more tecnical, less speed, but i like do some freeride, a little bit

i hear about the dents in trek, and i scary because i buy the bike in canada and go to brasil, and dont have warrant, i need a strong frame that dont have problemns

but yeti 303R is a light frame? more heavy than trek, but still light than cove

thanks again

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
stryke wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
\

how the hell can you guarantee that when its pretty well known that the tubing is crazy thin?
first of all i bet you would know, second, i don't think everyone that has it has dented it or broken it obviously... i doubt youve ridden one too
but if youre looking do some more freeride kind of stuff then i don't know if i would get it because it's more of a race frame and meant to be not super burly

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
stryke wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
\

first of all i bet you would know, second, i don't think everyone that has it has dented it or broken it obviously... i doubt youve ridden one too
but if youre looking do some more freeride kind of stuff then i don't know if i would get it because it's more of a race frame and meant to be not super burly

ive ridden 2 sessions both setup compeltly different and for sure it rides nice, they've put alot of work into frame angles and all that tecnhnical shit but its not going to change the fact it dents easy

you cant deny it

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
stryke wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
stryke wrote:
\

ive ridden 2 sessions both setup compeltly different and for sure it rides nice, they've put alot of work into frame angles and all that tecnhnical shit but its not going to change the fact it dents easy

you cant deny it
oh well nevermind then. did you dent yours?

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
i dont own a session, but both of my friends have dented downtubes from little rocks

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
stryke wrote:
i dont own a session, but both of my friends have dented downtubes from little rocks

haha okay

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009237
Mobile Version of Website