Help Me lighten up my wildcard

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Help Me lighten up my wildcard
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
seraph wrote:
Chris King does not have a through bolt axle for their 135mm axle hubs. Also the Crossmax SX wheels are not the same weight as the EX1750s, they are 1755 grams.
WRONG - 10mm through axle version!:P

and yes, the Crossmax SX weigh 5grams more at the front - unless you're a completely anal weight-weenie fag... that is basically the same weight!!!

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Chris King does not have a through bolt axle for their 135mm axle hubs. Also the Crossmax SX wheels are not the same weight as the EX1750s, they are 1755 grams.

and yes, the Crossmax SX weigh 5grams more at the front - unless you're a completely anal weight-weenie fag... that is basically the same weight!!!

Have you ever owned a pair of Chris King hubs? Those are 10mm fun bolts, they're individual units. Dumbass.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Have you ever owned a pair of Chris King hubs? Those are 10mm fun bolts, they're individual units. Dumbass.
lol - you're insaciable!

first, I try to give practical advice to people...

the Sunline AM stem weighs all of 14 huge grams more (an utterly unnoticeable weight difference) but costs a significant amount more, and doesn't come in fancy colourways, so I would go for the Atomlab any day...

The Chris king does have bolts yes, but they are different in that they screw into a threadless 10mm axle - this is different to a 'bolt-up' (i.e. Hope Pro2) hub where the dropouts sit on threaded bolts ( = not so good for your dropouts), mechanically speaking, the Chris king variant functions in the exact same way as a 10mm through axle with nuts threaded to the end, only it has bolts threaded internally - the hub still sits on a 1 piece axle thoughRolleyes

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
seraph wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

lol - you're insaciable!

first, I try to give practical advice to people...

the Sunline AM stem weighs all of 14 huge grams more (an utterly unnoticeable weight difference) but costs a significant amount more, and doesn't come in fancy colourways, so I would go for the Atomlab any day...

The Chris king does have bolts yes, but they are different in that they screw into a threadless 10mm axle - this is different to a 'bolt-up' (i.e. Hope Pro2) hub where the dropouts sit on threaded bolts ( = not so good for your dropouts), mechanically speaking, the Chris king variant functions in the exact same way as a 10mm through axle with nuts threaded to the end, only it has bolts threaded internally - the hub still sits on a 1 piece axle thoughRolleyes

First of all, you said Chris King hubs used a 10mm THROUGH bolt, and they don't, so I corrected you so as to not mislead someone who was looking for such a product.

Second of all, the stem you speak of does not come in 31.8mm clamp diameter and weighs 14g more than the Sunline V1 All Mountain in 50mm length. In order to take full advantage of the Pimplite stem you would have to run 25.4mm clamp bars, decreasing stiffness and reducing strength in the front end of your bike. The lightest setup for aggressive riding would be the Sunline stem (144g) with Easton MonkeyLite DH bars (225g).

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
seraph wrote:
First of all, you said Chris King hubs used a 10mm THROUGH bolt, and they don't, so I corrected you so as to not mislead someone who was looking for such a product.

Second of all, the stem you speak of does not come in 31.8mm clamp diameter and weighs 14g more than the Sunline V1 All Mountain in 50mm length. In order to take full advantage of the Pimplite stem you would have to run 25.4mm clamp bars, decreasing stiffness and reducing strength in the front end of your bike. The lightest setup for aggressive riding would be the Sunline stem (144g) with Easton MonkeyLite DH bars (225g).

nope, I said 'through axle', which the Chris King is, but enough bickering!

also again with the unnoticeable 'marketing jargon' theoretical improvements, I have run exactly the same bars with both 25.4 and 31.8 diameters and there is absolutely no noticeable difference - maybe in a test lab, and of course, theoretically, 31.8mm is 'stiffer', but it depends far more on which bar you have - peace out!tup

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
seraph wrote:

nope, I said 'through axle', which the Chris King is, but enough bickering!

also again with the unnoticeable 'marketing jargon' theoretical improvements, I have run exactly the same bars with both 25.4 and 31.8 diameters and there is absolutely no noticeable difference - maybe in a test lab, and of course, theoretically, 31.8mm is 'stiffer', but it depends far more on which bar you have - peace out!tup

It's not a through axle if the axle doesn't go all the way through. On Chris King hubs, the only through axle hub offered is the 12x150.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
Maxxis Larsens are my favourite tire, you should check them out, they are light and are super confidence inspiring

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 6:44 Quote
Heres what id change:

tyres - larsen tt 2.35 front/ wtb prowler ss rear
wheels - hope pro2 on spank subrosas/sunn eq31
Cranks-shimano xt
stem-sunline v1 am/hope dh/atomlab
pedals-welgo mags
chain guide -e13 lg1 with taco

Just my own opinion.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
hey everyone i got my wildcard down 4 pounds its around 34 to 35 pounds now but i still want less any suggestsion

photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Lose the seat and DX's are a little on the heavier side.

None cost effective - Elixir CR and Sram X9 or X0 ss cage

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
im actually thinking about getting a single speed kit and a chain tensioner

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:26 Quote
You could loose a few more pounds with lighter tires, seat and cranks

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
i will use my old seat, but what are a good pair of light tires for dh and freeride

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:29 Quote
maybe get some smaller disks

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
i have 6 inch discs im not going to run a 5 inch thats too small

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019360
Mobile Version of Website