Colored spokes?

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 18:44 Quote
its alot quicker tho and spreads evenly...

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 18:45 Quote
use tape on your hub/rim...

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 18:47 Quote
its so good i cant even see it...

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 18:49 Quote
well about a week ago i spent 15 minutes finding links and websites of were you can get coloured spokes, and nipples. so if you happen to come across a site just selling nipples, thats why.

here, just to be nice i went on google, searched coloured bike spokes, and heres a few of the many websites that sell them, also i had no problem at all finding them.

here oh and under their nipple option they have many colours.
these are just covers but are way cheaper then new spokes

they have tons of colours of nipples just scroll down 1/4 of the page

another cool thing if you like night riding

and this might be useful

hope i could help.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:02 Quote
If you Buy Thoes spokes taking the other onces out will probly strip the niples and if you dont know how to make the rim true by your self you local store will be happy to charge you 50 Bucks to put them in a make your rim true. Also they will beh appy to sell you some niples. its not worth it and its not even that cool..... soo go by some paint and shut up and make me cookies

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:04 Quote
ryandspencer wrote:
If you Buy Thoes spokes taking the other onces out will probly strip the niples and if you dont know how to make the rim true by your self you local store will be happy to charge you 50 Bucks to put them in a make your rim true. Also they will beh appy to sell you some niples. its not worth it and its not even that cool..... soo go by some paint and shut up and make me cookies

1) Using capitals, punctuation, and grammer are all nice things.
2) my LBS charges $15 for spoke installation.
3) its up to him to decide if its cool or not cool.
4) and half the time people just ruin their stuff when they try to paint me.
5) you don't deserve cookies nowlol

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:07 Quote
odin333 wrote:
ryandspencer wrote:

But i Want COOKIES !!

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:09 Quote
ryandspencer wrote:
odin333 wrote:
ryandspencer wrote:

But i Want COOKIES !!

no dealWhip . keep this on topic.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:12 Quote
we painted my spokes, we just took apart the wheel, quickly sanded them, sprayed on auto paint, waited to dry, did another coat, waited to dry again, and laced the rim.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:17 Quote
soo if i quikcly sanded my spokes...(wouldnt they lose strength??)..then applied the color of my choice they will turn out fine..how long do they last before the color wears off

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:18 Quote
biker4sho wrote:
soo if i quikcly sanded my spokes...(wouldnt they lose strength??)..then applied the color of my choice they will turn out fine..how long do they last before the color wears off

if you do it really hard and start wearing down the metal, it will weaken it, but if your careful it won't really do any damage.

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:19 Quote
odin333 wrote:
biker4sho wrote:

if you do it really hard and start wearing down the metal, it will weaken it, but if your careful it won't really do any damage.

correct, as long as your lightly sanding it, it wont hurt nothing

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:23 Quote
soo spray painting is good or bad??/...i did read something a bout a marker pen...where would i find these?/

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
biker4sho wrote:
soo spray painting is good or bad??/...i did read something a bout a marker pen...where would i find these?/

well i dont know about regular spray paint, it could work tho. i have a buddy that works at an body shop so i got him to do it, il ask him what he used

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.039584
Mobile Version of Website