Trek Session 77 bearing problems, need help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Trek Session 77 bearing problems, need help
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 at 7:19 Quote
bever-lover wrote:
xTuftyx wrote:
You take out the bolt one side and the shaft should knock out. I just slackend the bolt and tapped with a Soft hammer so not to damage thread. Hope this help. If I remember correctly its a Allen key only needed to remove shaft. I dont own mine now.

sweet man. thanks alot Beer

No worries

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 16:49 Quote
Hi there can anybody advise me of the solution to a problem i have with my Trek Session 77 frame bearings, they seem to be a very loose fit, am I right in assuming they need to be fixed in place with locktite or something, I took the old ones out, which werent held in very well at all and put new ones in but the amount of play in there is terrible.

cheers si

Posted: Oct 22, 2011 at 18:07 Quote
adrenalinefunky wrote:
Hi there can anybody advise me of the solution to a problem i have with my Trek Session 77 frame bearings, they seem to be a very loose fit, am I right in assuming they need to be fixed in place with locktite or something, I took the old ones out, which werent held in very well at all and put new ones in but the amount of play in there is terrible.

cheers si

Green locktite should work if they are not too loose. If that doesn't work, you may need someone to custom make some shims to make up the difference.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011385
Mobile Version of Website