What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
animals trampling all over my jumps

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 1:51 Quote
having know where to build and know one to build with. also if my buddy does come along he says this is gay 5min into building and bikes homeMadder

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 2:06 Quote
p3shredder wrote:
having know where to build and know one to build with. also if my buddy does come along he says this is gay 5min into building and bikes homeMadder
yer, i hate that. they want to ride but dont want to put any time into building any.
even worse when they dont help you, just sit there watchingReally Mad

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 2:25 Quote
framd0 wrote:
p3shredder wrote:
yer, i hate that. they want to ride but dont want to put any time into building any.

Thats my exact problem. They complain there isnt anything new and exciting to ride, and i feel the same way, so i put the effort in, but they dont bother their arse to do anything or come up with anything new, cos they know i will. U cant advance ur riding skills on the same shitty trails over and over!

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 2:27 Quote
thestigmk1 wrote:
framd0 wrote:
p3shredder wrote:

Thats my exact problem. They complain there isnt anything new and exciting to ride, and i feel the same way, so i put the effort in, but they dont bother their arse to do anything or come up with anything new, cos they know i will. U cant advance ur riding skills on the same shitty trails over and over!
at least u have trails lol

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 2:28 Quote
p3shredder wrote:
thestigmk1 wrote:
framd0 wrote:

at least u have trails lol

I wouldnt call them trails so much as 20 second runs down walking paths in a park Frown

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 3:38 Quote
when i'm packind dirt, on a berm or jump and the dirt sticks to the shovel and the lip gets ruined Really Mad , and cutting down thorns, its soooo annoying, i once saw a few that where like 5ft high, no joke, to cut them was hell...

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 3:40 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
when i'm packind dirt, on a berm or jump and the dirt sticks to the shovel and the lip gets ruined Really Mad , and cutting down thorns, its soooo annoying, i once saw a few that where like 5ft high, no joke, to cut them was hell...

Put some WD40 on your spade surface. I hate it when that happens, ruins all ur work in one hit Frown

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 3:43 Quote
hmm good idea didnt think of that tup its summer now though, i can barely penetrate(yes lol ok..) the dirt, and its very very dry Frown

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 4:01 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:

Try... when you thwack it with the spade, sort of drag/slide the spade sideways along it, as opposed to straight up and down, if that makes sense?

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 4:09 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
hmm good idea didnt think of that tup its summer now though, i can barely penetrate(yes lol ok..) the dirt, and its very very dry Frown

I tend to dig square pits for obtaining dirt, cos the undersoil is generally looser and moist. If its really bad just use some water from somewhere. Bucket and local stream?

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 4:28 Quote
all the streams dry out in the summer, the only water is 20miles away in the sea lol

not couting bottled water of course...

this is my idea
http://www.bishopbros.com.pg/images/Electric-Hammer-Drills.jpg

althogh finding electricity at the trails is somewhat hard... =/

JamesBradley:

yeah i get it, still :S i'll try next time i'm building...

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 5:50 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
all the streams dry out in the summer, the only water is 20miles away in the sea lol

not couting bottled water of course...

this is my idea
http://www.bishopbros.com.pg/images/Electric-Hammer-Drills.jpg

althogh finding electricity at the trails is somewhat hard... =/

JamesBradley:
yeah i get it, still :S i'll try next time i'm building...

Coming from scotland, usually too much water is the main problem, but my only idea is if u take a camelback, u could dig a dirt pit and use water from ur camelbak to create a pit as if u are mixing concrete. Will be solid when u form it aswell.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 5:53 Quote
true that, or i wait till the winter, if it comes this year.... :S

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 5:56 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
true that, or i wait till the winter, if it comes this year.... :S

Im so jealous. We're lucky if we even get a summer tbh. I'll arrange for some scottish rain to fall over portugal then!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010150
Mobile Version of Website