What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 8:52 Quote
c2crider wrote:
Having it dry for weeks... Then it raining really hard and flooding the trails, making them un-diggable and un-rideable. Also having lazy builders who just want to ride, not contribute to the trails.
I hate people that dont help build the trails they just go and ride instead im the only one that builds were I live.Cry

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
relscb wrote:
dog walkers they are so annoying and flies all ways im my face Really Mad

mosquitos are the worst!!! i swear the bugspray i used last weekend attracted them the can worked better as a flamethrower to keep them away then actually spraying it on myself it was rediculous. everytime i looked up there were more of them around me

O+ FL
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
I hate it when I build/improve stuff in the morning, only to have it rain in the afternoon and then that same day a bunch of kids go out and totally ruin all the work I have done by making bigass mud rutts and standing on the wet berms/jumps.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
Hmmm.. annoying.. well.

It was a warm breezy afternoon in the trail, in a forested hilly part of northern Ontario when all of the sudden ..

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*smack*

BzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZ

GOD DAM IT I KILLED YOU. STAY DEAD.

West nile sucks, but id rather die then have to deal with another skitter in my ear.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
I hate it when I build something and then its too big for me to hit it, so I get my friend to break in my virgin drop...makes me feel less manly inside...indeed, i think I'm better and building trails than riding them.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
i hate it when you start to build a set of trails and you use square bits of turf to get you started and then some other f*ckwitt decides that when your gone, them same pieces of turf you dug up, would look better over there! Frown

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 1:51 Quote
Probably when little 6 year old kids come with their dad and just ride over my unfinished jump and practically flattens it again, or the city council Thumbs Down

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 2:32 Quote
when you go to get some food and come back to find kids have run all over your newly shped and still wet jump! so irritating.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 3:03 Quote
Pricker bushes, broken bottles, and stupid people who cant control their effing dogs! Usually the same jack wads who think their pitbulls dont need a leash are the same stupid idiots whose kids leave trash in the woods. Unfortunately the dogs are vastly more intelligent then their owners and their children.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
when people change your dirt quarter in a dirt jump... if we wanted it to be a dirt jump we would make one.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
definatly the fact that when im building i am the only one there. although its a benifit in some aspects its really annoying trying to get a new stunt or trail built and no one to help you build it

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
bigfootrider10 wrote:
definatly the fact that when im building i am the only one there. although its a benifit in some aspects its really annoying trying to get a new stunt or trail built and no one to help you build it

"If you build it, they will come"

So basically, you build your whole trail AND THEN everybody wants to help build or ride it. Kinda sucks but it happens sometimes.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
bigfootrider10 wrote:

"If you build it, they will come"

So basically, you build your whole trail AND THEN everybody wants to help build or ride it. Kinda sucks but it happens sometimes.
yeah. the only problem with that is im the only rider around so there is no one to come haha

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 22:14 Quote
oakmtnman wrote:
I hate it when I build something and then its too big for me to hit it, so I get my friend to break in my virgin drop...makes me feel less manly inside...indeed, i think I'm better and building trails than riding them.

same with me, i can build some sick jumps/drops and i have a good eye for building but when it comes to riding the stuff i build its pretty hard. i think i just have to man-up more than anything else and just hit it. although i do mostly just love to go fast and pin it through rock gardens and windy singletrack hitting jumps isnt really my thing but it just looks/feels so sick when your in the air on something for the first time that you madeSmile . and what i really hate when i'm building is mosquitoes and random people that just kindof walk through the forest and the bitch at you when they see you riding or building something for no reason at all

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
People claiming that runners are going to run at night and trip over our jumps! what BS

People saying that we are building too close to their house and then taking the jumps down. It's not even their f*cking property.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013878
Mobile Version of Website