Spd for down hill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Spd for down hill
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
hi all just wondering how many of you out in dh land ride clipped in ,tryed going back to flats hated it myself

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:45 Quote
[Quote="JonahH1992"]I ride flats always have always will, i never will because the tracks now days are better if u can get ur foot out an get ur drift on. Look at all the fast guys like sam, peaty an especially gee they all get the foot out in corners atleast a couple of times a run. Also i think alot of people are really put off by all the pics of people goin over the bars clipped

gee and peat run clips...

Just went clipped in last week and I liked em so just hoping to get used to them now.

I liked the flats but when I got to a rock garden or a rooty section my feet just went everywhere and sometimes they would just come completely up off the pedal as if I lifted my foot off.

Any tips on how to get used to the clips or is just riding with them the best?

i rode clips a bit last year but now im running them all the time and i love them..dont think i could go back to flats

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
Just went clipped in last week and I liked em so just hoping to get used to them now.

I liked the flats but when I got to a rock garden or a rooty section my feet just went everywhere and sometimes they would just come completely up off the pedal as if I lifted my foot off.

practice clipping in and out over and over...and best of all..just go ride!

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
giantbikerjordan wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:

Thanks man, my mam is super angry i've shredded the garden practising on em just putting the foot out for no reason and then trying to clip back in.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
giantbikerjordan wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:

Thanks man, my mam is super angry i've shredded the garden practising on em just putting the foot out for no reason and then trying to clip back in.

haha:P

what clips are you running?

Im currently running the mallets because theyre spring tensions really low...so you can unclip so easily so i found that good to start out on..but now that im used to clips i think im gonna go get some time zs with a stiffer spring

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
[Quote="JonahH1992"]
giantbikerjordan wrote:
JonahH1992 wrote:
I ride flats always have always will, i never will because the tracks now days are better if u can get ur foot out an get ur drift on. Look at all the fast guys like sam, peaty an especially gee they all get the foot out in corners atleast a couple of times a run. Also i think alot of people are really put off by all the pics of people goin over the bars clipped

gee and peat run clips...

Gee hasnt run clips for along time an Peaty spent alot of time training on flats last year an now (im pretty sure) he is running flats.

are you high? both of them still run clips.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
If you saw Gee put his foot out in Andorra first corner he twisted his foot sideways to clip out. Peaty is definetly running clips every pic of his new V10 has Mallets on it.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
yup..both of them are on mallets

heres a vid to show how peat would never bee running clips..also in seasons pete says he cant ride flats as well as he can clips

Views: 2,047    Faves: 19    Comments: 1

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:00 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
The V-10 He rides definately isn't carbon. It possibly has a carbon link however.

Peaty run's A Full Sram Kit.
X.O Gearing,
Holzfeller Cranks,
Code/Elixir.Possibly a mixture of Avid parts as I've seen him run Ultimate levers and Code calipers.
Boxxer 2010 WC's
Vivid, with Ti spring.
I think he's on Gamut this year rather than MRP as he has been for the past decade or so. He will definately not be with MRP this year, more likely he will join Minnaar on Gamut.
He runs a Large V-10 custom Geo frame.
Blackbox Holzfeller bars, Blackbox Levers, Blackbox Shifter.
DT FR2350 rims, with Kenda rubber. Although I think this year he is running Maxxis. Also runs Ex 5.1 rims
He's on a WTB seat, and 5050XX or Mallet pedals.
Oh, and don't forget the Peaty Lizard skin grips.

Peatys spec list ^^ he runs Mallets and 5050xx. It also says in an mbuk a while back that although he is better in clips he admits that he would like to be able to run flats if he could get used to them.

As for gee he runs clips sometimes however also flats. There is a poster behind me of gee taken last year of him riding in spain on flats.

he would like to...if he could get used to them

either way...they both run clips most of the time

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
I've only ever seen peaty run flats when racing once and that was a Champery a few years ago. As for Gee I've seen him on flats in MBUK and stuff but never seen him on flats racing.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011030
Mobile Version of Website