Spd for down hill

PB Forum :: Downhill
Spd for down hill
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
JonahH1992 wrote:

hmm not really as flats are better. Sam Hill switched to flats years ago an suddenly anhielated everything. Steve admits flats are better for dh he just doesnt ride them because he doesnt feel comfortable in them.

Also if ud read any of the other forums on hear about this most people agree on flats because they make more sense.

Stupid statement, It depends first of all on the rider, then the trail and conditions. Theres no better or worse its all personal opinion.

Well when you put it like that then you could say that every thing on a bike is really down to rider preference an its true that whatever suits you best will be the fastest for you as the individual. But if your picking a pedal to suit todays tracks (wc ones in particular) then flats are best because flats...Everyone agrees...are best for tech tracks, an the wc tracks are geting more an more tech as bike technology develops to cope with it.

another stupid statement...clips are better for tech stuff because it keeps your feet on the pedals and allows you to control the bike more and also allows you to pedal over rough stuff without being bounced around off the pedals

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:20 Quote
giantbikerjordan wrote:
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:

Stupid statement, It depends first of all on the rider, then the trail and conditions. Theres no better or worse its all personal opinion.

Well when you put it like that then you could say that every thing on a bike is really down to rider preference an its true that whatever suits you best will be the fastest for you as the individual. But if your picking a pedal to suit todays tracks (wc ones in particular) then flats are best because flats...Everyone agrees...are best for tech tracks, an the wc tracks are geting more an more tech as bike technology develops to cope with it.

another stupid statement...clips are better for tech stuff because it keeps your feet on the pedals and allows you to control the bike more and also allows you to pedal over rough stuff without being bounced around off the pedals

Again personal feel. If your heavy footed on the pedal you'll go for the flats on a tech track but if your light footed you'll go for the clips.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
Pedal over a rockgarden would be the equivalent of pointing a loaded gun in your face. You'll get the same result, a smashed face.

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
Pedal over a rockgarden would be the equivalent of pointing a loaded gun in your face. You'll get the same result, a smashed face.

yes an ive had one of those...not fun.

Faceplanting a tree really hurts. Resulted in my fear of open face helmets

FL
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
hahah i thought u ment a gun then lol and look flats better for tech and general DH only good thing about clips is you can get power down by pulling up aswell so therefore better on pedally tracks!

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:

not really...but ok

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 16:41 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
JonahH1992 wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
First photo there mallets on his bike.

True didnt realise. Anyway point is that Steve an gee both run flats sometimes an clips sometimes but they both (look at the interviews in dirt of them) agree that flats are more practical for todays dh courses because they are alot more tech than they where.

Personaly myself I wouldn't agree with tech= flats because for me if I run flats on techy stuff i just lose the pedals and I never put my foot to help cornering so I went to clips. Thats just me though.

I haven't seen the dirt interviews but I know Peaty practices on them, not sure about racing, and Gee uses them when he freerides and sometimes when he races.
unless you have straitlines.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
Been on clips forever and can't change now. To me they feel incredible for downhill and make you ride with total commitment and confidence. As for foot out well flats seem to inspire riders to have their feet out much too often where it is not needed. Just watch a top clipped rider around a corner and see what I mean. Then watch a top clipped rider unclip and foot out when necessary with the greatest of ease then back in for the next section.

People really need to get over and move on from this debate because all that really matters is whatever makes you ride fastest.......and at the moment the clipped riders have it!

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
duir wrote:
Been on clips forever and can't change now. To me they feel incredible for downhill and make you ride with total commitment and confidence. As for foot out well flats seem to inspire riders to have their feet out much too often where it is not needed. Just watch a top clipless rider around a corner and see what I mean. Then watch a top clipless rider unclip and foot out when necessary with the greatest of ease then back in for the next section.

People really need to get over and move on from this debate because all that really matters is whatever makes you ride fastest.......and at the moment the clipless riders have it!

Posted: May 19, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
duir wrote:
Been on clips forever and can't change now. To me they feel incredible for downhill and make you ride with total commitment and confidence. As for foot out well flats seem to inspire riders to have their feet out much too often where it is not needed. Just watch a top clipped rider around a corner and see what I mean. Then watch a top clipped rider unclip and foot out when necessary with the greatest of ease then back in for the next section.

People really need to get over and move on from this debate because all that really matters is whatever makes you ride fastest.......and at the moment the clipped riders have it!

THANK YOU!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045023
Mobile Version of Website