Gay Rights...

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 17:59 Quote
You're reeeeeeeally not making it easy.

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 18:11 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I can't say this any other way; you're an idiot.

Just because a few black people say a racist comment doesn't mean other don't find it offensive, same story goes for gay people.

To reiterate. The issue isn't your skin colour, it's your brain size.

a few? have you ever listened to rap? thats a whole issue, not just a couple of rude people. and i would assume that the word *ag is insulting to gay people, but since im not gay, i cant know for sure. and no offense, but you're a mod. you're supposed to be stopping people from flaming, not doing it yourself.

Ever listened to Hollywood Undead? They call people fags or f*ggots left, right, and centre.

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 18:14 Quote
no. i dont like crappy music.

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 21:33 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
bigquotesa few? have you ever listened to rap?
edit: IRONY!!!

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 at 5:40 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:
depends if someone meant it as an insult or not: im not gay, so its hard to tell whether it would be insulting.

I'm with Sherb here, all in favour of roundly insulting you.

So what you're saying is basically that concerning anyone who is different to you - or in fact not you - you can't tell what offends them?

Grow up. If a word´s entire purpose and meaning is to cause offence to a certain group of people, I think you can fairly certainly assume that it will cause offence, given the connotations it has.

And your view of 'black people' as all being ghetto-dwellin', rhyme-bustin' Gs who throw in the N every other word is both hilarious and worrying. Can you not understand that the same word could mean different things and have different connotations when uttered by different people?

Posted: Mar 3, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
If you really wanted to know if using the word *ag is offensive, there are two ways of finding out.

1. Find a homosexual and call them a fag. You must make sure this person is in fact a homosexual, and you must keep a strait face during the process. After all is said and done, reflect on the events that just took place. By studying simple body language, you should be able to figure out if what you just said insulted them or not. You may even recieve a response, this too should give you simple evidence whether or not you just insulted someone. If you are physically assulted, then you definately learned your lesson.

2. Think about the word *ag and what it is usually used to describe. Calling someone a *ag in todays culture is an insult. Regardless of what the word actually means, it is always used in a negative context. If you had a friend or family member who is gay, and who you respect, would you refer to tham as a fag? Or as simply gay, or homosexual?

If none of this answers your questions then I don't know what to say.

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 at 17:03 Quote
UKFRider wrote:
I didn't read all these pages (haven't got the time). But just to answer "daviswebb", well I am gay as well... And Im happy to see there are other gays on this site. I think the Mtb community is quite open I've never had any problems or conflicts due my sexuality, although it's not like if I go riding a bike with rainbow flags all over it. People seem to be so surprised to see "someone like me" riding, as they think that all gay people prance around like queens and haven't got the balls to do a sport like this. Got nothing else to add and I agree with all that is said above...
I lol'd...(I hope someone catches this)

I read this entire thread start to finish, and it's been thoroughly entertaining and offensive at parts, and utterly ridiculous at others. Also I'm glad we have moved passed marriage to an animal..

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
I agree... Obviously as I am bisexual but i could never see myself marrying another woman.

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
GoxBoxSocks wrote:

Hahaha to someone, every music is crappy.

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
My best friend of the last 6 months is bi. I think I can see being gay or being bi as hard, as I worked with a good five gay people for the last five months (for some reason a lot of the people at my organisation were gay....); it's not that they are really persecuted any more, even in a country like Ecuador where the view of homosexuality is much less enlightened than in Europe or North America... it's that they've obviously had to come to a (sometimes painful) conclusion about this, which undoubtedly involves a lot of soul-searching and a fair amount of identity issues, solely within themselves, and that's before they even begin to think about what people close to them (particularly family) will htink of this, and the implications it will have on their lives. I don't envy them.

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 at 4:40 Quote
I don't get any problems from anybody for being bisexual and never have done. My bf once upon a time if he was angry used to call me a dyke but it never bothered me.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 16:01 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I can't say this any other way; you're an idiot.

Just because a few black people say a racist comment doesn't mean other don't find it offensive, same story goes for gay people.

To reiterate. The issue isn't your skin colour, it's your brain size.

Dude, you can't buy that type of entertainment...

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 at 16:03 Quote
In gay right news, Prop 8 got over turned in California which is great news!

Posted: Aug 22, 2010 at 5:21 Quote
why is the word gay got a star in the middle of it on pb

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011866
Mobile Version of Website