Raceface Atlas FR Cranks or Shimano Saint

PB Forum :: Downhill
Raceface Atlas FR Cranks or Shimano Saint
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
personally from riding both their is not much difference is durability, the saints weigh more but the bottom bracket weighs less and is weaker, The Atlas weighs less looks better and seems a little bit better(imo) and have a stronger heavierConfused bottom bracket, overall, so far from running both this year the atlas seem to out perform the saints in every way except for the heavier more durable bottom bracket(only because its heavy)

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
Did you try the brand new 09 saints? And Atlas FR come in sick colours!

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
I would go for the Atlas, just because they do come in awesome colours! Haha. Smile

Posted: May 22, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
race face would be the way to go from what i have seen from colour rub to abuse on the shore

Posted: May 23, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
I have a Giant Reign X1 08 model and was thinking of getting the new Atlas FR cranks with one of the new E13 SRS+. Anyone know what colours would suit the bike the best?
The 09 E13 SRS+ comes in either black or white
The 09 Raceface Atlas FR cranks come in either Purple, Blue Steel, Orange, Black, Blue or Gold.

What would be the best colour combo for my bike?

This is what my bike looks like.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/1284/29380/zoom/?collections_id=3

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 3:55 Quote
ive heard that the spindles strip the arms out on x-type cranks.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
We have ran both and have switched the team to all Atlas coloured ones.

The RaceFace BBs are much stronger, longer threads, and when you change the bearings over to Enduro Ceramic they are much lighter than the stock ones.

Have had a Saint crank bend on us in the past but all the 6 Atlas are still true after 2 races.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
I have Atlas on my hardtail and Atlas FR on the downhill bike. Both are light and very strong and have lasted well. The hardtail one is 4 years old and the DH one is 12 months with minor wear considering the abuse they have endured. The Race Face stuff is more tricky to fit compared to my old saint stuff and a real pain with a chainguard. But other than that it has been fine. I use a shimano B/B on the hardtail that has lasted 18 months and a hope B/B on the DH bike which for some reason was a pain to fit and creaked for the first few rides but otherwise is fine. The previous Race Face B/Bs I had creaked constantly and didn't last long.

Hope this helps

photo

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
ive heard that the spindles strip the arms out on x-type cranks.
race face also has the best crash replacement for cranks, i bent my evolve dh cranks and they sent me new diablos for freeBig Grin Race face is awsome but the shimano saints really look awsome

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
how is the availability?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:
I have a Giant Reign X1 08 model and was thinking of getting the new Atlas FR cranks with one of the new E13 SRS+. Anyone know what colours would suit the bike the best?
The 09 E13 SRS+ comes in either black or white
The 09 Raceface Atlas FR cranks come in either Purple, Blue Steel, Orange, Black, Blue or Gold.

What would be the best colour combo for my bike?

This is what my bike looks like.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/1284/29380/zoom/?collections_id=3

I have Blue Steel on that bike with a black DRS and it looks wicked. It's similar to the frame colour, but highlights it really well.
photo

photo

Otherwise black goes with everything and blue would look cool if you have other blue parts.

WhistlerRocks wrote:
how is the availability?

I was in a bunch of different bike shops on the weekend and about half of them had colourways Atlas FRs in stock. They were cheaper than the Saints too.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
Atlas Fr are stronger, lighter, cheaper, and more durable. its simply a bad question!
lol
But good luck in finding the Atlas in Colours....those were SUPER LTD

Posted: May 25, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Atlas Fr are stronger, lighter, cheaper, and more durable. its simply a bad question!
lol
wrong.
almost all of them are in stock on bti.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
nishnash wrote:
lol
wrong.
almost all of them are in stock on bti.
huh, imma have to talk to my shops about that....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017281
Mobile Version of Website