I am in the market for a DH bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
I am in the market for a DH bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
I am in the market for a dh bike and don't really know what to get. I want to buy used. nothing ridiculous just something good. If all you can think of is bikes that are less than 8 inches don't even bother. I was leaning toward a demo 8 or commencal supreme dh wc VIP but want to see if theres anything else that would be better.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
You are aware the Commencal is under 8in right?

How about more info cash? types of trails? some of your own research......like the BuySell section PB has.....

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
Dh racing, I don't know about the price but aim for like $2,500
mr-wilson wrote:

How about more info cash? types of trails? some of your own research......like the BuySell section PB has.....

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
for 2500 your not going to get very much maybe a used wilson or a decent spec'd bottle rocket but for dh racing look at spending around 3500 to get a good set up but hey you could find a real good deal
thanks
dhrider

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
Any way, I meant to say the Commencal Supreme-DH WCS
mr-wilson wrote:

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
Ok then give me what you've got in the 3,500 price range
dhrider1234567 wrote:
for 2500 your not going to get very much maybe a used wilson or a decent spec'd bottle rocket but for dh racing look at spending around 3500 to get a good set up but hey you could find a real good deal
thanks
dhrider

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
And anyway that's not at all true. I found a guy selling a Devinci wilson and a commencal supreme dh wcs for 3,400
dhrider1234567 wrote:
thanks
dhrider

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
Specialized Demo 8,9, BigHit, Norco Atomik, A-Line, DH Team, Giant Glory, Faith, Kona Stab, Devinci Wilson, Ollie, 8-flat-8, Johnson, Santa Cruz VP, V-10, Intense M1, M3, GT DHi, Yeti DH9, 303, Banshee Scream, Scythe, Legend, Cannondale Gemini, Judge, Mongoose Bootr, Iron Horse Sunday, SGS, Morewood Izumu, Rocky Mountain Flatline, RMX, Tomac Primer, Transition Gran Mal, Blindside, Turner DHR, Orange 222, 223, 224, 224 Evo, Brooklyn Race Link, Chumba F4, F5, Cove Peeler, Shocker, Ellsworth Dare, Rogue, Foes Fly, DHS Mono, Trek Session 10, 88, Diesel, KHS DH, etc, etc.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/?region=3

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 18:04 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
thanks
dhrider

What? really?

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
check out my demo i just got for 2700! there is a ton of good deals.

you can get your self a frickin sweet set-up for around 2500 no problem!

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
Cool. let me know if you see anything good
hambone2 wrote:
check out my demo i just got for 2700! there is a ton of good deals.

you can get your self a frickin sweet set-up for around 2500 no problem!

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
[Quote="mooseduck13If all you can think of is bikes that are less than 8 inches don't even bother..[/Quote]
Jermy,
Im not trying to insult your or anything (dont take offence)but you weigh like 90 pounds you dont need 8 inches to do even the most gnarly DH
-zev

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
try looking for an '04-'05 foes dhs mono with curnutt rear shock. i met a rider last week that picked one up in your price range. he said it was the best bike hes ever ridden (which i already knew because i race one). foes frames are bomber and the suspension technology is light-years ahead of anything out there. dont worry about it being an older bike either. the pre-2:1 bikes have better small bump absorption. the new 2:1 bikes are a bit lighter but have less small bump cush. a foes will absolutely make you faster because they handle better at speed. for a one bike do it all(dh race,fr,hardcore trail) look for a foes fly.

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 21:22 Quote
soul-skier wrote:
try looking for an '04-'05 foes dhs mono with curnutt rear shock. i met a rider last week that picked one up in your price range. he said it was the best bike hes ever ridden (which i already knew because i race one). foes frames are bomber and the suspension technology is light-years ahead of anything out there. dont worry about it being an older bike either. the pre-2:1 bikes have better small bump absorption. the new 2:1 bikes are a bit lighter but have less small bump cush. a foes will absolutely make you faster because they handle better at speed. for a one bike do it all(dh race,fr,hardcore trail) look for a foes fly.

+1

O+
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
How about a v-10? I actually have one to get rid of for $2,500ish. it has 2 inches of sag in the rear so it sits even, this makes it corner like its on rails.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010471
Mobile Version of Website