how can i ask a minor company to sponser me

PB Forum :: Beginners
how can i ask a minor company to sponser me
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:39 Quote
hey im 13 and in the last like 3 monthes i went from an old wal mart bike to a norco wolverine and i can already x-up no-footer , 1-footer, tabletop and still trying more and kiinda getting it. but any way im looking into sponser ship so how should i go at getting 1?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:41 Quote
Go to your local bike shop.

not like a big one like the factory, just like a local dealer.
and be all like. "hey you guys sponsor?" and pull some sweet moves off there roof Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
I read in a mag to send videos to shops/makes and to race/ enter comps to get your name out there, but 13 is a little young to get picked up at, and also tbh, altough you can do some good tricks, rider's tend to only get sponsored once they can throw down the big tricks, eg tailwhips,nfc's, flips etc. hope that helps

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 13:54 Quote
yah u no offence
but u have got to be pretty f**king good to get sponsered
but keep riding hard and see what happens

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:02 Quote
again no offence but if you are good enough the companies will come to, like paul bas at crankworx, he's now really well known

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:02 Quote
well man id save your cash get a good bike get like a fully push your limits make it look nice and say 3 years if your pulling it off hardcore and able to ride a slopestyle course then u can get sponsered but for now man congrats on the tricks keep riding keep pushing it keep improving cheers for your future.

P.S. dont get cocky or discouraged dust your self off and do it again till u get-er-done.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:06 Quote
completely off topic but where u doing that drop
this ones for thud

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:12 Quote
Yeh man... u gota race or do something so u can say to them "hey you i got 1st place the last race i did and 2nd before that" and then ask them to sponsor u... its fool proof Smile

im sponsored by singletrack bike mag and im 14 so there is people out there that will take young gunns onSmile

hope this helps

sam.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:16 Quote
if ur just looking for minor sponsorships try sponsorhouse.com

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:24 Quote
To be honest, I dont really see much of an advantage to being sponsored at that age. When your older and really dedicated, and you push to get 1st and your almost pro. Than maybe I think a sponsorship would be a good idea. For just normal races and whatever Itll probly be a waste of time. If your heart is deadset on getting sponsored than id just go to your local LBS and ask if they will sponsor you and prepare a good video of yourself doing w.e. Itll be like getting a job, you gotta be unique and stand out from the rest.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 14:29 Quote
i got sponsered when i was 14 by my local shop
make sure they know your a ripper and go on shop rides
do as many comps as you can

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 21:09 Quote
norco-ryder wrote:
this ones for thud
if your asking about the one in my display pic yah that was my second time on a bike in a year i hairlined fractured my t 12 and had a big mental block afterwards i ended up landin flat on that one

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
write letters. there is nothing more powerful than a well written, pointed letter. that, along with good results, and especially pics. they guys who deal with sponsorships are stuck in an office all day 5 days a week. but if you send them a letter with results and pics showing you promoting their product. your way more likely to make an impression on them.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 21:19 Quote
Now that most mountain biking companies are off the ground there not just gonna go and sponsor random kids no offence. If you really want a sponsor find small companies, they are more likely to atleast give you a deal to help get their name out there. You prolly wont get sponsored for just dj'ing because to do that you would, like one of the previous guys said, have to be throwing sick tricks like 3's as a minimum. You need to race and get good results and have extremely good pictures taken of freeriding because if they see your posting nice photos, they will want their bike in on many good photos. You have to show the company you will benifit them in marketing and promotion. They probably won't sponsor you out of the goodness of their heart, thats not how they make money.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 21:32 Quote
norco-ryder wrote:
this ones for thud
if your asking about the one in my display pic yah that was my second time on a bike in a year i hairlined fractured my t 12 and had a big mental block afterwards i ended up landin flat on that one

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012786
Mobile Version of Website