Anybody Going To Vallnord Bike Park This Summer

PB Forum :: Downhill
Anybody Going To Vallnord Bike Park This Summer
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
yo, any of you fellow pinkbikers going to vallnord this summer. need someone to ride wif whos my age.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
maybe i'm going to vallnord from 10-14 June, but i'm not sure

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
sik i'm there from the 25th july
AnotherDamnDownhiller wrote:
maybe i'm going to vallnord from 10-14 June, but i'm not sure

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
youre riding your hardtail or renting when youre there?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
well i'm going to ride hardtail but none of the one's on my profile as i'm going to build up a proper freeride hardtail. i will probably rent a full sus for half a day or summit just for fun.
why you ask? have you been before or going soon?
stryke wrote:
youre riding your hardtail or renting when youre there?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
i live there

you should think about renting instead.. the lifts open in june and by the end of july the tracks are hammered hard due to how dry it is and the terrain is

theres 3-4 shops what can rent full suspension bikes between 40-70 euros for a day (mondraker/commencal/scott/kona) and i think it would be a better option for you, i dont think i could ride any of the tracks there on a hardtail without my hands falling off due to the braking bumps and rocks..

ill be riding through july/august as i have to work through june unfortunately, but have a good trip and if you have any questions just message or post here or whatever, i could meet up with you for a run or 2 too possibly

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
I'm thinking about going over too!

It should be around a day travelling including a ferry from Plymouth. I live around 40 miles from Plymouth and with the trip through France should get there in a day. Was thinking of going over for a long weekend. Maybe leave Thursday morning, arrive Thursday night. Ride Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and come home Tuesday.

How many tracks are there to ride Stryke? I know there's the WC course but what else is available. How much is the lift pass per-day?

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
Thanks for the advice and i'mk going to have a rethink about what to do and yeah might have a run with you.
stryke wrote:
i live there

you should think about renting instead.. the lifts open in june and by the end of july the tracks are hammered hard due to how dry it is and the terrain is

theres 3-4 shops what can rent full suspension bikes between 40-70 euros for a day (mondraker/commencal/scott/kona) and i think it would be a better option for you, i dont think i could ride any of the tracks there on a hardtail without my hands falling off due to the braking bumps and rocks..

ill be riding through july/august as i have to work through june unfortunately, but have a good trip and if you have any questions just message or post here or whatever, i could meet up with you for a run or 2 too possibly

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:46 Quote
timlake wrote:

It should be around a day travelling including a ferry from Plymouth. I live around 40 miles from Plymouth and with the trip through France should get there in a day. Was thinking of going over for a long weekend. Maybe leave Thursday morning, arrive Thursday night. Ride Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and come home Tuesday.

How many tracks are there to ride Stryke? I know there's the WC course but what else is available. How much is the lift pass per-day?

come in mid-july or august and we can shred! ok back to business

1 day passes for adults are 21 euros but we do passes for multiple days aswell where obviously savings will be made, 3 day pass is 49.50e for example. that is a saving of 13.50e which can buy you beer at night-- or a girl

there is enough tracks to keep you busy throughout your stay, 3-4 tracks from the serra II lift with varying difficulty (including the wc circuit which is rutted to f*ck), then theres 3-4 main tracks down the big side of the mountain (7 minutes long if youre on the gas last year) then when youre bored of them and youre there when im there we can shred the commencal tracks..yeah boy

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
What bike you riding mate
stryke wrote:
timlake wrote:

come in mid-july or august and we can shred! ok back to business

1 day passes for adults are 21 euros but we do passes for multiple days aswell where obviously savings will be made, 3 day pass is 49.50e for example. that is a saving of 13.50e which can buy you beer at night-- or a girl

there is enough tracks to keep you busy throughout your stay, 3-4 tracks from the serra II lift with varying difficulty (including the wc circuit which is rutted to f*ck), then theres 3-4 main tracks down the big side of the mountain (7 minutes long if youre on the gas last year) then when youre bored of them and youre there when im there we can shred the commencal tracks..yeah boy

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
i'll be riding a commencal supreme dh

photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3310/pbpic3310615.jpg

it looks like this

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
nice ride! whats the rear shock?
stryke wrote:
i'll be riding a commencal supreme dh

photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3310/pbpic3310615.jpg

it looks like this

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
its supposed to be a dhx.. but its a roco because my friend stole my dhx Frown but dont tell anyone

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
lol
stryke wrote:
its supposed to be a dhx.. but its a roco because my friend stole my dhx Frown but dont tell anyone

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 13:07 Quote
btw could you tell me a little more about the route 66 in vallnord. coz what ive seen of it that 1 looks smooth as but has it got loads of berms and drops nd stuff
Elford10 wrote:
lol
stryke wrote:

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013115
Mobile Version of Website