Im looking for a bike that can do almost everything, i no, im asking the impossible, but owell!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Im looking for a bike that can do almost everything, i no, im asking the impossible, but owell!
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 7:42 Quote
i`ve got a ns core II 2008 and it is sweet!!!!!! see you tonight at school Beer

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 7:54 Quote
commencal absolut sx looks hot

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
Orange Blood, Sx Trail and SC Nomad all very versitletup

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
jed5594 wrote:

thanks for the input u f*cking twattttttttttttt!

yea, c u tonight! Smile lol

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:11 Quote
marinrockyridge wrote:
jed5594 wrote:

thanks for the input u f*cking twattttttttttttt!

yea, c u tonight! Smile lol

no problem ur welcome!!!

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:27 Quote
I had the same dilemma for what bike to get for the same styles of riding a while back...

I regretfully ended up with a Banshee Wildcard, it really isn't that good of a bike, a bit too heavy for jumping, pedals like shite, rubbish paint job, crappy 'Made in Taiwan' fabrication/aesthetics and the DHX air shock is really naff too- I can only run 10-15% sag before it starts to bottom out riding off curbs .../rant over>

There is a lot out there at the moment, and depending on how much travel you want....

I'd personally [if given the choice to start over] look at getting on old 14" Orange Patriot 4-5" travel bike/frame (off E-bay) and upgrade the shock to a Float RP23, put some 4" travel dj forks or some Fox 36's on it and also a 10mm [3/8"] rear through axle to stiffen up the rear end - with the 36's at the front you could lower the travel for DJ's and then up it for FR riding.

If you really feel the need to go new, then look at the Solid Flair [or the 2010 Commencal Absolut SX (featured on the home page), basically the same frame!], Orange Blood or a Kona Bass; I don't think the Cannondale Chase ST is out yet, still prototype as far as I'm aware.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
I had the same dilemma for what bike to get for the same styles of riding a while back...

I regretfully ended up with a Banshee Wildcard, it really isn't that good of a bike, a bit too heavy for jumping, pedals like shite, rubbish paint job, crappy 'Made in Taiwan' fabrication/aesthetics and the DHX air shock is really naff too- I can only run 10-15% sag before it starts to bottom out riding off curbs .../rant over>

There is a lot out there at the moment, and depending on how much travel you want....

I'd personally [if given the choice to start over] look at getting on old 14" Orange Patriot 5" travel bike and upgrading the shock to a Float RP23, put some 4" travel 20mm axle forks on it and also a 10mm [3/8"] rear through axle to stiffen up the rear end - pimp it out like a jump bike.

If you really feel the need to go new, then look at the Solid Flair [or the 2010 Commencal Absolut SX (featured on the home page), basically the same frame!], Orange Blood or a Kona Bass; I don't think the Cannondale Chase ST is out yet, still prototype as far as I'm aware.

thanks, really helpfull

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
Dude now that i think about it A beefed up Remedy would be really killer

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:39 Quote
oh, and it might sound a little heinous, but 24" wheels would suit the style of riding you want to do much better than 26"!

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
oh, and it might sound a little heinous, but 24" wheels would suit the style of riding you want to do much better than 26"!

ok, but y?

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
marinrockyridge wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

ok, but y?
26" wheels roll over bumps better....

but they're heavier, flexier and don't suit the transitions that you find on a lot of uk jump trails so well as many of these are tailored better for 20" bmx wheels - 24" wheels will lower your bikes centre of gravity, reduce weight [depending on the rim you choose], increase stiffness and launch better on rhythm sets/small jumps.... basically an all-round improvement for dirt jumping all the way up to short-course dh/singletrack trails from my experience.

- just something to consider, but definitely 'try before you buy' if possible!

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
marinrockyridge wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

ok, but y?
26" wheels roll over bumps better....

but they're heavier, flexier and don't suit the transitions that you find on a lot of uk jump trails so well as many of these are tailored better for 20" bmx wheels - 24" wheels will lower your bikes centre of gravity, reduce weight [depending on the rim you choose], increase stiffness and launch better on rhythm sets/small jumps.... basically an all-round improvement for dirt jumping all the way up to short-course dh/singletrack trails from my experience.

- just something to consider, but definitely 'try before you buy' if possible!

ok, cheers, i currently have a halo tornado on hte front and a halo sas on hte back so i will probably stick with tem and sell the new wheels i get and keep the cash, but i will look into 24" thanks.
ren

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 9:41 Quote
while we are on the topic
how much do bottlerocket frame's cost to get in the u.k??
thanks

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
brownix wrote:
while we are on the topic
how much do bottlerocket frame's cost to get in the u.k??
thanks

Last time i checked back in February, they were about £1200-£1300

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012579
Mobile Version of Website