Football/Soccer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Football/Soccer Thread
Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 17:12 Quote
I love watching both lose... maybe Man U more.

Shame about Arsenal today. Don't support them but they're the only big four team that I don't despise.

Posted: Mar 31, 2010 at 17:58 Quote
harriieee wrote:
zune wrote:
Everyone on that team is an enemy until they throw on a real red shirt.

Speaking of which, how's this season working out for you? lol I do love watching liverpool lose.

Haha, we're utter shit this season. We played like the real liverpool over the weekend, too late to be doing that though, we've had all season to do that. Pisses me off that we're not playing Benayoun either, f*ck.

Gerrard is shitting the bed this season as well.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
I like Man United more than Man City though.

But in general I cheer for Bayern, Dynamo Kiev, and the like Norwich Canaries or w/e they're nicknamed (my families from norwich).

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 2:16 Quote
Football teams over here don't tend to have nicknames included in their names like L.A Galaxy, Boston Red Sox etc. Norwich is just Norwich City, although they do have nicknames, they're just not included in the name if you get me.

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
sam-davies wrote:
Football teams over here don't tend to have nicknames included in their names like L.A Galaxy, Boston Red Sox etc. Norwich is just Norwich City, although they do have nicknames, they're just not included in the name if you get me.

I know, I just remembered that they're known as the Canaries like Liverpool is the Reds.

LOL L.A Galaxy

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 16:30 Quote
Liverpool are more commonly known as Liverpool than their nickname, the Reds. As are Man United (Red Devils), Arsenal (Gunners), Chelsea (Blues), and on the whole just about every other European football club.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 12:25 Quote
No-one talking about the Copa Mundial? I thought the group stages were so dull, but Argentina betting their collective scrotum handed to them by the youngest German side in a World Cup in 60 years? Wow.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
Not a fan of the world cup really. I like watching it, although I could care less about who wins and shit.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 12:46 Quote
Me too... as soon as England go out, I'm done with it, the only thing I want to happen has happened. Kinda hope that either Holland or Spain take it, just to see a country that hasn't yet won a World Cup do it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 14:22 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Me too... as soon as England go out, I'm done with it, the only thing I want to happen has happened.

Interesting viewpoint for an Englishman. Haha.

From what I understand, English football is at a very extreme low point right now.

Go Germany.

Prediction: Holland kills weakened Uruguay, and Germany kills Spain. Dutch-Deutsch final. (I don't predict finals...)

For the record, the Uruguay-Ghana match was the most entertaining I've ever seen.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 15:00 Quote
If Klose gets top goalscorer I'll be £170 richer and a very happy boy Smile

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 15:29 Quote
What were the odds on that? I imagine pretty low.

lol at anyone who did the same for Messi to be top scorer.....

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 at 18:55 Quote
harriieee wrote:
What were the odds on that? I imagine pretty low.

lol at anyone who did the same for Messi to be top scorer.....

Or Rooney!!!!!

I remember when I read the "predicted top scorers" list I found it odd that the man who won it last time (Klose) (and would've in 2002 if it hadn't been for Ronaldo) wasn't on the list... although at the time I didn't know how horrid his season had been haha.

Who's better Rooney or Messi? I guess it doesn't really matter.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
The odds were 33-1 and I put a fiver on. He always does well in tournaments and for his country so when I saw his odds I thought it was a steal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.151474
Mobile Version of Website