Hydraulic brakes that are good for horizontal drop outs

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hydraulic brakes that are good for horizontal drop outs
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
I am wondering if anyone could tell me which hydro brakes would work well with horizontal drop outs. Currently I have Avid Juicy 3's and I have to remove them in order to remove the wheel. I want a brake that wont have to be removed before removing the wheel.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
i dont think drop outs affect brakes

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
All rear brakes follow the same IS mounting standard so I doubt one brake will make it easier to remove the wheel over another.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
All rear brakes follow the same IS mounting standard so I doubt one brake will make it easier to remove the wheel over another.
I've tried avid BB5's and they're fine. The juicy 3's are not, the rotor snags on the caliper so I have to remove the caliper in order to remove the wheel. I've talked to others with the same issue, but with other brakes. I'm just wondering if someone knows of a good hydro brake that won't prevent me from removing the wheel on horizontal drop outs.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
juicy 3's are crap.
3+ and ur okSmile

also from what ive seen of the hayes strokers there crap

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
Is this on your p2?
Do you have all the tri align washers on?
I have a juicy 5 which is pretty much the same calliper and it doesn't snag, nor have I ever heard of this problem.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 1:02 Quote
I'm in the same boat as steezebomb, i got juicy 5's on my NS bitch (which has horizontal dropouts) and never had an issue. Maybe adjust the height/angle of your caliper, it must be sitting too low. Most frames give you some brake-mount lee-way in terms of adjustments to the height/angle of the caliper mount. Good luck

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
steezebomb wrote:
Is this on your p2?
Do you have all the tri align washers on?
I have a juicy 5 which is pretty much the same calliper and it doesn't snag, nor have I ever heard of this problem.
Yeah all the washers are on it. I'll probably just go to BB5 or 7 cause I know they'll work.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
I have a Specialized p3 with a Shimano SLX brake and there is never anything wrong with it and I've had it for about 9-10 months. But if you don't want a Shimano then you should go with the Juicy 5 or 7.

FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
PilotRowdy wrote:
I have a Specialized p3 with a Shimano SLX brake and there is never anything wrong with it and I've had it for about 9-10 months. But if you don't want a Shimano then you should go with the Juicy 5 or 7.
the elixer is way better then any juicy

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
PilotRowdy wrote:
ok, do you know if they will work fine?

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
z-man wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:
I'm sure it is, I've never tried one but the elixir is way more expencive the the slx or juicy.

FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
PilotRowdy wrote:
z-man wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:
I'm sure it is, I've never tried one but the elixir is way more expencive the the slx or juicy.
no, not really. the elixer r is very affordable

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
specializederic wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:
Yeah, both the slx and juicy 5 or 7 will work exellent Smile

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
PilotRowdy wrote:
specializederic wrote:
PilotRowdy wrote:
Yeah, both the slx and juicy 5 or 7 will work exellent Smile
k, thanks. I'll be picking up one of the juicys in the near future.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009514
Mobile Version of Website