What the strongest rim and loudest hub

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What the strongest rim and loudest hub
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
What the strongest rim and loudest hub???? the only thing i can think of is a deemax rim and hope pro hub (i have no idea if its loud our not)
btw how much is a hope pro hub

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
sun ringle jumping fleas are pretty stupid loud and i think hope pro 2's are pretty loud too...hope pro 2 goes for somethin like 180 for the rear from CRC.

*EDIT* sun ringle MTX are pretty effin burly rims too

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
for your answer to the strongest rim question i'm sure this thread will help you answer https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=3474&pagenum=1 and as for the loud hub question i believe the pro 2 trials hub is the loudest

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
what about transition wheels, they seem cheap enough too just buy a new set, are they strong, are the hubs nice and loud

O+
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
I've got Revolution 32's on both of my bikes and I'm not a fan. Having a loud hub is kind of stupid really you don't even notice them when your riding a trail all the other ambient noise drowns out the noise of the hub.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:58 Quote
industry nine...they sound insane...and the strongest rim is probably a Mavic 823

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
I've got Revolution 32's on both of my bikes and I'm not a fan. Having a loud hub is kind of stupid really you don't even notice them when your riding a trail all the other ambient noise drowns out the noise of the hub.
ok i dont really care that much about loudness, its just nice cause it tells people in front off me to move out of the way. but are they strong, do they get flatspots easly.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
betterthansx wrote:
industry nine...they sound insane...and the strongest rim is probably a Mavic 823
i dont have millions in the bank

O+
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:
ok i dont really care that much about loudness, its just nice cause it tells people in front off me to move out of the way. but are they strong, do they get flatspots easly.

No hub is that loud, yelling "on your left" is the courteous way to pass somebody on the trail.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
Ringle Abbah DH hubs 6-pawls...can here them coming a mile away. Have you tried putting playing cards in your spokes?

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:

No hub is that loud, yelling "on your left" is the courteous way to pass somebody on the trail.
yes ok but but are the rims and hobs strong

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 21:02 Quote
here's a super duper idea:

Get a strong rim from Mavic: 325/729/823 depending on your budget, and get a cheap hub then use the leftover money for a
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.makaibikes.com/product_images/z/pink_daisy_bike_bell_4__46001.jpg
*ding ding*

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
oakmtnman wrote:
Ringle Abbah DH hubs 6-pawls...can here them coming a mile away. Have you tried putting playing cards in your spokes?

They only have 4 pawls.

And yes, they're super loud, people always turn their heads when they hear mine.

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
Sun Ringle Mammoth....'nuff said
and Hope Pro 2's are loud

Posted: May 31, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
Absolute strongest rim I know of is a Funn 26x48

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011493
Mobile Version of Website