a 1st dh bike (pure dh).

PB Forum :: Downhill
a 1st dh bike (pure dh).
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 9:40 Quote
i already have a IH yakuza aniki.. but i go fast like riders who have demos !!
i was wondering if i can find a DH bike in a budget of 2000$, and if not..used.
i'm not talking about bikes like bighit and a line..somehing more plush .

maybe a stinky is a fr/dh bike ?
suggestions ?
tnx...

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 9:47 Quote
I would Go for something second hand

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 9:51 Quote
it is very hard to find a pure DH bike for 2000 doallars if thats your budget your best bet is proabably to go for a stinky i have one i like it alot except for a few components

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 9:53 Quote
[Quote="haze999"]it is very hard to find a pure DH bike for 2000 doallars if thats your budget your best bet is proabably to go for a stinky even though the 08s are more freeride i would say if you like to go fast though save up for a bit and get a stab deluxe fabien barrel has won world cups on that bike

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 10:21 Quote
but i said that i'm also open to used bikes...
what do u say about IH yakuza komicho ?
tnx.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 11:06 Quote
Big hits and A-lines are more then capable rigs, you honestly think because someone rides a Demo they are going to be fast? Both those bikes use the exact same Horst link rear, and both have very nice geometry. If I was looking for a great DH rig on a budget those would be two of my first choices, way before any kona with its Faux-bar rear.

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 23:57 Quote
can u give other choices ?

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 23:58 Quote
what about the iron horse yakuza kumicho ?

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 0:00 Quote
billfromthehill wrote:
Big hits and A-lines are more then capable rigs, you honestly think because someone rides a Demo they are going to be fast? Both those bikes use the exact same Horst link rear, and both have very nice geometry. If I was looking for a great DH rig on a budget those would be two of my first choices, way before any kona with its Faux-bar rear.

Definately agreed. I'd take a norco or specialized over a kona because I used to own a trek session 7 and know that while the suspension was super plush it gave brake feedback and wasnt great for really rough, steep DH.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 0:25 Quote
the yakuza kumicho seems like a more freeride oriented bike to me, head angle isnt really where a usual downhiller would want it, if youre stuck on getting an IH, then get it, but the other bikes mentioned are more downhill bikes

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 0:28 Quote
riderman wrote:
what about the iron horse yakuza kumicho ?

thats more of their ultimate fr bike, but what about a sunday? it isnt much more expensive and will be a lot more plush for an all out dh bike.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 5:23 Quote
hh sunday....it costs 3000$ used !
so a BIG HIT FSR 1 ....will suits to me ?(downhilling, speeding and once in a while to jump small gaps)that even has an excellent price 1750$. ???

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 5:34 Quote
i have a 2006 aline..and i would honestly say its amazing for dh, i love it. and it can catch some air too

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 8:16 Quote
Yes a bighit will handle all of that with ease. very sturdy frame, throw a decent tripple clamp fork on front and you can race any Dh course on it, and as the name suggests boost any larger hits. The rear suspension on theses bikes is great, so putting a decent fork on the front will only compliment it further. And yea, the new A-line's are great bikes.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 9:28 Quote
billfromthehill wrote:
if you honestly think this then good for you. unfortunately its not true. demos have a lower standover so you can reserve the travel for big dorps and they dont use the same 4bar linkage the demo rottates the force forward instead of up and down which sets up for good pumping and a lower standover. the bighit keeps it up raising the stand over and it does not bring the wheel forward but up which isnt good for speed

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010179
Mobile Version of Website