Are Hydro Brakes Good For DJ/Street?
Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
xt-shreder wrote:
no brake are better, never come out of alignment, lightest and cheapest
lol but that wasn't even a contender it was disk or V
oh so the contest is whats the second best

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
true. no break isn't really that great of an idea for transportation street riding at all.

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 at 17:37 Quote
Keep on topic guys. Don't turn this into a brakeless thread.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 14:07 Quote
Riding brake less is f*ckin stupid. If you have the money, then buy hydro you wont regret it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
dont buy jucie 3s i had em for a year and i broke them already and i dont ride em hard..

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
cr33py wrote:
dont buy jucie 3s i had em for a year and i broke them already and i dont ride em hard..
juicy 3's are a decent value. i've ridden 3,5, code, code5 and they are comprable at half the price.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
cr33py wrote:
juicy 3's are a decent value. i've ridden 3,5, code, code5 and they are comprable at half the price.
im just saying dont buy the 3s all the rest are good but im going to a diff brand.. And also half of the cord cracked cuz of like 5 bar spins..

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
yup, got my first ever hydro disc brake a few months ago. Best rear brake i have used by far. Went for the juicy 7 btw...

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
leicestersteve wrote:
yup, got my first ever hydro disc brake a few months ago. Best rear brake i have used by far. Went for the juicy 7 btw...
i rode a juicy 7, it was ok but for street brakes just get f*cked up, unless your to big of a pussy to try anything big

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 3:09 Quote
if you want your brakes to be able to lock your wheel on a whim, hydro are what you want. if you just need something to slow you down, mechanical will do fine.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
id say a mechanical, i had a juicy 5 and it was so much more fuss than my mx4, yes it had more power but you dont really need to bleed a mechanical brake, and adjusting it is easier and you have more adjustments generally. so i would say get a good mechanical because thats really all you need

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
ricar wrote:
WOW there is some BS on this thread. Rims with a brakeing surface are not as strong as those without???? Where did you get that info, a box of shreddies? That is definatly in the top 100 for silly comments. Then the comparison of V's to running brakeless? That made even less sence and I read it 3 times. There was even something about logic in there that was just plain sad. As for the V's being a pain with less than true rims,, come on. I have been riding V's for,, well since they came out and have not had to care about true rims ever. That being said I do like to build wheels and my wheels are nevre horrible, but rarely true. As for disks, a bent disk ends your ride on the spot (unless you have the tools to remove it and ride brakeless). I have trashed a rear wheel and just dissconnected my V's, stomped on the wheel and rode home. Thy that with a disk. Sa for comparing a damaged hub flange to a damaged disk, your kidding right? I have killed a disk, but not once have I ever even scratched a hub flange. The hub flange is actually protected by a number of spokes and is maybe 3" in diameter.. A disk is lets go with 6" (that's twice as big for those counting) it is also about an 1/2" farther from center than the flange... Yup sounds close... Disks were invented because guys in BC were melting their V pads on DH runs. I have yet to see that happen on a DJ or street bike. BMXers use U brakes which are the worst of the 3 but they seem to work. There is absolutely no reason to run disks on a DJ, park or street frame other then show. Unless you ride in the rain alot, they are better in the wet.
that made my day Salute

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
bloodypalace wrote:
Riding brake less is f*ckin stupid. If you have the money, then buy hydro you wont regret it.
my thing is why waste money on a hydro(that il have to bleed over and over again) when i could spend that money on new parts

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
bloodypalace wrote:
my thing is why waste money on a hydro(that il have to bleed over and over again) when i could spend that money on new parts
i rode my juicy fives for almost 3 years, never bled them, changed the pads twice, and they worked just as well as the first day. except for the worn out bushings. but you don't even notice that when you're riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027634
Mobile Version of Website