Anyone Ever Heard of this Camera?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Anyone Ever Heard of this Camera?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 8:37 Quote
hey, im looking into buyin a begginers HD camcorder and i came across this:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/0/1/4/1/webimg/190364619_tp.jpg
It is a Speed HD8Z. It looks good and I've only seen 5/5 reviews but i wanted to see if anyone uses it for biking. if you do, whats your opinion about it. and does anyone have some footage with this camera???

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
never heard of them... i doubt many have. thats one thing against it already. whats the price? im sure we could find you something better and known...

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
erik74 wrote:
never heard of them... i doubt many have. thats one thing against it already. whats the price? im sure we could find you something better and known...
it's $249.99 and if you could find something better, THANK YOU!!

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
if you want a good camera, check your local craigslist.org and kijiji.com. i found lots of cheap stuff there, especially camcorders and d-slr's.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
if its only 250 dollars (125 gbp?) its not going to be very good. Most HD camera's start at about 1000 and go up to over 3 G's (Sony's entry level is way over 600) Cameras are something where you get what you pay for, and that camera, although flash looking, wont be too good. Are you going to be using it in any formal/proffesional setting or is this just going to be for getting some videos out with your mates?

edit: ALWAYS go with a well known brand, for so many reasons

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 9:20 Quote
run away, run, run away! i seriously cannot find any decent camera under 400, let alone HD! I just wouldnt trust it. never heard of them...etc. i go with brands that i know are good, Sony, JVC, Canon, etc. i bought an HDD (hard-disc drive) camera a few years ago for 800. now it would probably be down around 600. video cameras are not cheap, even beginner ones (which mine was basic)

my opinion, save up and buy something real...

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
What's the big woop about HD anyway? Don't go for HD, and you'll get a better camera for your budget.

edit: Given it's effectively a cheap thing for expensive prices i'd steer clear. You're better going for a more expensive camera second hand than a first hand camera that cheap.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
What's the big woop about HD anyway? Don't go for HD, and you'll get a better camera for your budget.
very true. Look into the non HD entry level models by Panasonic, Sony and Canon. They'l all suit your needs and they'l probably start at about the 300-400 mark

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
benbo111 wrote:
iamanidiot wrote:
very true. Look into the non HD entry level models by Panasonic, Sony and Canon. They'l all suit your needs and they'l probably start at about the 300-400 mark
right now I have a Sony dcr sr45 and it's good quality but wen u film biking, the biker just becomes lines and really blury and it's bad quality once it gets on the internet..

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
benbo111 wrote:
iamanidiot wrote:
right now I have a Sony dcr sr45 and it's good quality but wen u film biking, the biker just becomes lines and really blury and it's bad quality once it gets on the internet..

HD isn't going to fix the blur. It's your lens that fixes the blur. Get a nicer non-HD camera.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
EndersShadow wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
benbo111 wrote:

HD isn't going to fix the blur. It's your lens that fixes the blur. Get a nicer non-HD camera.
ok, what do you think would be a good one? I'm also looking for something that takes a lot of pictures per second(for slow mo)

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
Ending the quote train! Ahem....

What's your budget?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
EndersShadow wrote:

What's your budget?
what ever is left from building up my bike. So around 300

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
EndersShadow wrote:

What's your budget?
what ever is left from building up my bike. So around 300

Honestly....I don't think that's enough. I'd say save more and spend atleast $450. Also...finding a video camera that can take tons of decent quality successive stills will be hard in your price range. I'd recommend an SLR if you want fast stills.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
For that price you can get a little non-HD mini DV camera. Check around for something in the Canon Elura line. Not too bad of a camera. You can probably find them new for that price on ebay or something.

You will never ever get a camera that can do good slow mo for that price either. You're looking to spend around a grand for one of the Sony's that can shoot slow mo.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020440
Mobile Version of Website