Anyone Ever Heard of this Camera?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Anyone Ever Heard of this Camera?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
if your main goal is slow-mo, get a high-speed camera! tup what do they start at these days? 2000 or so?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
EndersShadow wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
EndersShadow wrote:
Ending the quote train! Ahem....

What's your budget?
what ever is left from building up my bike. So around 300

Honestly....I don't think that's enough. I'd say save more and spend atleast $450. Also...finding a video camera that can take tons of decent quality successive stills will be hard in your price range. I'd recommend an SLR if you want fast stills.
im not talking about stills, i meant frame rate woops

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
erik74 wrote:
if your main goal is slow-mo, get a high-speed camera! tup what do they start at these days? 2000 or so?
its not my main goal haha its just right now when i do slow mo, the person is in one place and then like 5 feet further ahead

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
As has been said, HD won't solve frame rate/motion blurring issues, and I don't think it's the lens that affects it either? I think it's the CCD that affects this but i'm no expert. In any case, the best quality camera for your budget is what you want here.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
With regards to slow motion, I have a Sony PCR 105e (or something like that) Mini DV camera and it does normal slow motion nice and smoothly. If you're wanting super high fps slow motion I think Panasonic do a camera now with that feature for about £700 I think? Not sure on the pricing, but it does seem like you're paying over the odds for what is a gimmicky (if cool) feature.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
at is CCD?? i dont realy no much about the technical stuff in camcorders

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
With regards to slow motion, I have a Sony PCR 105e (or something like that) Mini DV camera and it does normal slow motion nice and smoothly. If you're wanting super high fps slow motion I think Panasonic do a camera now with that feature for about £700 I think? Not sure on the pricing, but it does seem like you're paying over the odds for what is a gimmicky (if cool) feature.
high speed cameras are awesome! the mythbusters use them tup

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
CCD is the image capture device, what the light hits after it goes through the lens.

*may or may not be right Razz

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
ok what about these?? not HD but look nice

Panasonic PV-GS80 Mini DV Camcorder for around $100
or
GZHD3US JVC Everio GZ-HD3 for $560

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
Those are pretty vastly different in price...

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
iamanidiot wrote:
i searched the panasonic, found it listed above 500...

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
I wouldn't pay 500 for it, dollars or pounds.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
erik74 wrote:
iamanidiot wrote:
i searched the panasonic, found it listed above 500...
it was a bid that started at $80 and ended in an 3 hours but no one had bidded on it yet, i was gonna bid 100

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010744
Mobile Version of Website