Flinching

PB Forum :: Beginners
Flinching
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:22 Quote
Hello , i am a new rider been practing on jumps alot recently (DJing that is) and just before i hit the jump i kinda flinch, nd i thought to myself well that cannit be good flinching whilst going over a jump could be pretty dangerous.

Does this go away after getting the hang of Dirt Jumping or gotta learn a way myself ?

Many thanks

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
im just learning how to jump myself, but one thing ive learned is to relax. everytime i tense up i end up flipping over the bars. also every time i flinch or dont feel right i just jam the brakes and wont go. i don't know if thats just me.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
You need to try and NEVER flinch before a jump, or in mid-flight...

When approaching that take of lip just think to yourself, "i can do it, i can do it" or words to that affect...
Doubting yourself is normally where the flinching comes from, telling yourself you can do it will increase your confidence and youl find getting into Djing a hell of a lot easier with more confidence in yourself.

Just dont start on crazy good jumps...Cos if you stack bad youl find your confidence zooms to pretty much zero and youl not want to hit anything for ages...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008370
Mobile Version of Website