Any pics of 2010 bikes out yet?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Any pics of 2010 bikes out yet?
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Hhahahaha how much do orange charge for the 224 Evo now? the basic single pivot frame made from FOLDED alumininium? no advanced techniques here, its something like 2k isnt it, for 2k i would be close to all the top frames, or one of the new giants and the best part of new forks1

The basic frame that'ss HAND MADE, that's why there expensive.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
Buddy...all frames are hand made....

Intense Socoms are hand made, they have a VPP l;inkage, and cost the same as an orange.

Giant glorys are hand made, Maestro, and cost £1300

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
And, handmade doesn't mean its better. Sure their can an error with robot but its more likely you will get human error...

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
lol at cookie cutter frames and people just realizing some companies would rather just buy shit already thought through and cheap in bulk.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
Muttley wrote:

Intense Socoms are hand made, they have a VPP l;inkage, and cost the same as an orange.

Also a point did you know only 6 people work at orange? I wonder how many work at giant hmmm.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
esp65 wrote:
Muttley wrote:

Also a point did you know only 6 people work at orange? I wonder how many work at giant hmmm.

Your point is.....?

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
flikende wrote:
does nobody have any originality these days?

You my friend just found about catalog frames. Astro and a bunch load of other taiwanese companies develop frames and sell them to other so called bike brands to put their stickers on and sell them as legit. Most of times using the same factories as Kona, Specialized, Norco (in these cases the brands develop their frames and just get them built there). Same with the saddles, ever noticed that basically all those "chromolly rails" saddles on the market are all the same but with different graphics and branding? Thats why the veryfew companies that still build products in america are so proud of their "Handmade in USA" labels.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
Why are comparing a massive international billion dollar company to some tiny boutique brand? Confused

esp65 wrote:
Muttley wrote:

You know what the worst thing about orange is on top of all this? after paying so much for a frame, if you break it ONE day over their warranty, they can really "help you out".

Front triangles are something like £900, Rear ends £700.

Really "helping out"

slipknot93dh wrote:
esp65 wrote:
Muttley wrote:

Your point is.....?

Less people = less product out put = higher prices as they have less product on the market, other wise they wouldnt be able to pay bills ect.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
esp65 wrote:

Less people = less product out put = higher prices as they have less product on the market, other wise they wouldnt be able to pay bills ect.

They can definitely put out frames for a cheaper at the same quality...

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
Muttley wrote:

Aren't Oranges made in the UK? Surelly the wages are way higher on the UK than in taiwan, therefore the pricey frames.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
fantaman wrote:
those are like the mini foes 2:1 mono frames
You say this based on what?

On the Foes 2:1 mono,same design with 1/2 shorter shock.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
esp65 wrote:

They can definitely put out frames for a cheaper at the same quality...

Yes but they dont, it's called making profit. And until people stop buying them at the higher prices i doubt they will drop them.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
6 people work at Orange you say.
6 adults most likely.
6 adults with families, responsibilities, etc who have to pay for shit.
They are going to charge up the butt because 1 company most likely has to support 6 people + their families.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010208
Mobile Version of Website