David Makalster?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
David Makalster?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
Just curious to see if anyone can answer this for me. Anyone know where he went or why he left. It was nice having some intelligence on the site and he was a pretty big part of the community here.

Maybe some of the OS would know?

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
Guess he got fed up with children asking redundant questions over and over maybe? haha, dunno, can't remember why he left.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:51 Quote
Got engaged/married. New job being a firefighter or EMT. Something like that. Basically really busy, and can't be bothered to come on here.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
it took up too much of his time being mean? That may sound harsh but the way he treated younger members was just mean. Mountain biking should be an inclusive sport not Skateboard jr.

Please understand i wish the guy all the best and hope he returns with a slightly different.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:39 Quote
carnell wrote:
it took up too much of his time being mean? That may sound harsh but the way he treated younger members was just mean. Mountain biking should be an inclusive sport not Skateboard jr.

Please understand i wish the guy all the best and hope he returns with a slightly different.

It's life not kindergarten. They usually deserved what they got.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
No one who is new to something deserves a tongue lashing, A Kindergarten teacher wouldnt yell at you for not understanding algebra.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
carnell wrote:
No one who is new to something deserves a tongue lashing, A Kindergarten teacher wouldnt yell at you for not understanding algebra.

Most of the time, they weren't new. They were arrogant teenagers who "knew it all"

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:48 Quote
either way rise above never sink to the same level or you are really no better.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
The times he has come back, be it for a brief time, he was a different person. I'm assuming you missed those posts.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:52 Quote
fair enough i must have.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 22:56 Quote
David Makalaster was a dick, I had no respect for him, and I was happy to see him go. He could have been a good member, he was wise enough to be, but it was too bad he had to be prick about every little thing all the time.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
Get over it? Maybe?

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:08 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
Get over it? Maybe?

I will never get over it.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
The times he has come back, be it for a brief time, he was a different person. I'm assuming you missed those posts.

generally when you piss enough people off it takes a while for them to get over it.

Posted: Jun 9, 2009 at 2:12 Quote
In my opinion it was only the idiots who he slagged off. As an example, if someone posted "wat wheelz shoild i get 4 my norco?" then of course he'd slag them off as they put zero effort into the post, didn't describe a type of riding, price range, bike, what they're looking for in a new wheelset, etc. If people proved that they'd done even a bit of research and were overall helpful in their first posts then I think David Makalaster was very helpful. Maybe that's just me though.

Either way, massive respect for the FF/EMT job.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014573
Mobile Version of Website